BENT Reboot Ch.4: A Day at- Thanjavur Market?book

Elightin_elytra's Avatar Elightin_elytra8/1/23 1:52 pm history
14 emeralds 308 15
8/2/2023 11:10 am
GoldenScientist's Avatar GoldenScientist
BENT CH.4: A Day At- Thanjavur Market?
Inspired by GoldenScientist
Authored by Elightin

  As the weapons were thrown (and shot thereof), a solid clang was heard. They saw then saw a rusty machete in the hands of Elightin and the weapons they threw right under it. "Don't do that again! Got it?" Elightin said calmly yet sternly, "What, how did he-? Is he some assassin or something?" questioned Peter. "Maybe he just likes peace and uses the machete to protect himself or others!" exclaimed Alayna. "She's not far from the truth..." said Elightin. "Hah! Like if he were to protect anyone. He probably failed-" Zachary continued talking as Elightin stopped and felt his ears ringing as if he had PTSD. "Could you stop before I-" He then sighed. "Elightin, anything wrong?" asked Alayna. "Oh, it's nothing," replied Elightin. "Okay!" replied Alayna. "Sis, why would you care for that welp?" questioned Vector. "I care for everyone!" replied Alayna. "Yeah, care for everyone!" Zachary said sarcastically. Soon, they made it there.

  As they entered the marketplace, Elightin gave them a list. "Here, get the stuff on the list. Some are for you and will help you in the competition. While others are, uh, maybe for food." Elightin told the students. "Whatever you say. Let's get this over with," said Silas. "I would recommend that you use the rental bikes that are provided. The selection is varied, from the lowest cost being 20 rupees a day up to 60 rupees. If you're good with economics, you can make the proper decision!" "Like if we were to listen to a freak like you." Harry said. But just as the rest were about to leave, Charles stayed behind and did something unlikely from his group. He went to Elightin and asked, "So, are you a big fan of Ducktales like I believe?" Elightin responded, "Of course! It's one of my favorite games/series!" They geeked out for the next 5 seconds. "Here I give unto you this." Elightin then pulled out a cane perfectly sized cane for Charles. Charles then understood the reference. "Oh, this is about Scrooge's favorite weapon!" Charles exclaimed (oh wow, is this cringe?). "Also, if you spin the cane, this will come out." As Elightin spun it, a blade came out. "I'm using this!" "Hey Charles, you coming or staying?" called out Isabella (Iceolager). Charles then said, "Looks like I have to go! Nice to see you though!" Elightin then said, "Nice seeing you too! But before going, I must give you this." Elightin then proceeded to give Charles 95,000 rupees (unrealistic). "Thanks a lot and see you!" Charles then hurried off to meet up with his friends. Harold then began, "First thing on the list is, let's see, some weapons? What the heck does he want us to do and where will we find weapons?" "Looks like Elightin gave us a map of the marketplace. Seems like weapons are on the west side of the marketplace." said Vector. "Elightin also wanted us to get meat like goat, lamb, and chicken. Anyone wanna volunteer?" asked Oliver (Ocelot). "I'll go!" Zachary said enthusiastically. "I ain't afraid of seeing a little [​REDACTED]!" "Psycho," said Scott (Stray).

  As Zachary then went off to get the ingredients, the rest made it to their first location. Silas then approached the weapons vendor and asked him, "Hey there, you got any weapons? And what type?" Muruganiam, the name of the vendor replied, "Only the finest my friend! From the sharpest of swords to the heaviest of axes! Anything you want as long as you have enough rupees!" Evelyn then asked, "Is that a Zelda-" She was quickly interrupted. "Show us what you have, and we'll think about it," Peter told the vendor. "First off, what swords do you have?" he began to question. "And do you have 1-handed and 2-handed swords, and maybe even axes too?" Muruganiam then said, "Now that's a lot of questions, my friend. If you want one-handed swords, I recommend choosing either a classic Western sword or the popular one here in Tamil Nadu, the Cholan broadsword." "And what about the axes?" asked Peter. Muruganiam then responded, "Ah, that was a good one. Here in Tamil Nadu, a lot of people use axes and machetes, but our axes are the most refined! From single-handed one-sides to 2-handed double-sides. We have them all. We even make gold-plated axes with a strong interior!" Just as Peter was about to speak, Paige then abruptly came in and said "I'll take 2 gold axes please! Make sure it's one-handed too!" "Paige, are you serious?" Peter then face-palmed himself. "Well, might as well get what we want." Soon enough, they all chose their weapons. "And how much will that be?" Peter asked Muruganiam. "A total of 50000 rupees!" The looks on their faces changed from hope to worry. "Uh, um, anyone has $610 on hand?" asked Alayna. But just hope was diminishing, Charles then came out and said, "Muruganiam, I think this should do the trick!" Charles then pulled out 50,000 rupees. Everyone, including Muruganiam, was shocked. "Well, um, my friend, thanks for the payment! I especially hope your friends will thank you for your patronage!" Muruganiam then proceeded to tell more. "You know, that's the heftiest payment I've received, so tonight, I can give my family a whole feast! Thank you, my friend!" "I hope your family does have a nice dinner!" Charles said back.

  They then left to get the rest of the stuff. Peter then began, "Okay, next thing on the list are shields. Elightin also gave us something else. It says we could go to the Pachamalai Mountains. But I don't know if we could make it there... But we should focus on shields!" They then went down the marketplace path. Carl then exclaimed, "CHARLES, THAT WAS EPIC! WHERE DID YOU GET ALL THAT MONEY FROM?!" Charles, knowing about the group's distaste of Elightin was hesitant at first, but decided to tell them anyways. "I, um, well, Elightin gave it to me..." "I KNEW THAT THERE WAS SOME GOOD IN HIM!" exclaimed Alayna. "Guess he isn't that bad, but I won't go full supporter on him," remarked Peter. "But if he was willing to give you money, he might not be as bad as we thought." "I'm back with the meat!" exclaimed Zachary. "So, what did I miss?" Winston (Warden) then began to elaborate. "Okay, you missed our conversation with the weapons vendor, Muruganiam, you didn't choose a weapon, you just also missed a save by Charles, and that's it." "Oh wow... well, at least I still have this axe!" William then began, "Well, at least we got the meat-" "Which I don't like." interrupted Shelby (Sheep).

  As they went down south the marketplace path, they soon arrived at the shield's vendor, whose name was Vishnam. They then walked up to the vendor. Quite attentively, the vendor then asked, "Oh, hello there, my name is Vishnam and how can I help you? If you're looking for shields at a cheap price, then this is the place!" "Thanks for the introduction Vishnam!" began Phil. "And yes, we are looking for shields, especially at a low price! So show us what you have!" Among the walls of the vendor, there were Tamilian shields covered in gold, yet strong, with jewels adorned on their faces. "I have the greatest shields around you know, so please feel free to choose any!" "I guess we could look while at it!" said Eli (Enderman). Soon enough they then chose out their shields and paid 3,000 rupees. "Thanks a lot, Vishnam!" thanked Evelyn. "It is my pleasure!" he said back.
They then decided whether to go to Pachamalai or not. "I don't know, but it would seem fun. Maybe even beautiful!" said Peter. They then proceeded to walk (and fly) down the open streets of the marketplace, but yet someone with ill intention, a master of the dark, released a tiny soul, one that would bring misfortune. As the soul wandered, searching for a body to possess, it had found the perfect one. One of that belonging to a Phantom.

AND THAT'S A WRAP!
I Hope You Liked It!
Sorry for the wait, and I promise I'll keep up with my schedule too! Now here are some shoutouts (not announcements or annoying pings)

Anyways, tell me what you think of it! Your response and comments help me decide what to change and what to keep!

From the last part
----------------------------------
GoldenScientist- Some cool reality stuff
BelleChxn-"Nice
IGEBM-"May I ask why was I invited to collab?"
---------------------------------
Shoutouts to great participants and supporters(not announcements)! If you want to join, please comment below to join and vote for who should be eliminated

(Does classic ping) GoldenScientist, CesarCarter, StarbucksLatias, IGEBM, Arianwyn, Zibonzi, KaiOceansword, BelleChxn, Darkfap, Rob333, Sus_Sus_2, AxolotlArmy, BlueBoyBuilds, CrownDeluxe, ikkefleresmaragder, TheMountaineer, Kefaku, Totodile, Veillax, anonpmc4072473, RYAN_LEVI_WEDDLE, ClayMan1077, Boggerzoomtrott, fatcat109_, Lioncat6, KacerASlabyReper, ThatCatWanderingTheGalaxy, Luish54, _Grace, WhisperOfTheWild, & NoodleMouse anonpmc4611129, autumn, r a i n b o w, Silabear, Marshal GrossDeimosStein, Bubbles_
------------------------------------------
Cholan Empire:
:GoldenScientist, CesarCarter, Rob333, CrownDeluxe, BlitzFloh869071, phjic, pinkpenguin, blackconverses, Copper_boi111, CORRUPTRO HUNTER CAT, Darth_CWC, Diiby, DreamWanderer, fatcat109_, FISH5398, fox1hunter, GalaxiumNation2, GhostlyBit_57, Goldenflyfisher, Jozum5, KaiOceansword, KitKatCat, Kokano, Triskelion, Totodile, ManuelXXVI, MasterOfDisaster11, Mr-Kirbo, mrcool654321, Rakkitatoru, Shadyghost, SilverStarShine, spookyshxdow, StarbucksLatias, TheEvokerQueen, Tonytime34567, Trotelot, Tzyber, Veillax, Xx_Alone_1244 - Offical_xX, Zibonzi, anonpmc4072473, Jabooty2, Papa Enny, Spongie, Cacodemonplayer69, Doruk1, ikkefleresmaragder, ShadowOnTheLoose, snowyvulpixes, ThatCatWanderingTheGalaxy, _Grace, WhisperOfTheWild, and LeLovesJazz!
(Group link: The Cholan Empire Federation on Planet Minecraft)
-------------------------------------------
BENT Group link: The Official BENT Group Collective on Planet Minecraft

Credits:
-------------
Ducktales Remastered level 1; Boss Theme-Ducktales Remastered
Elightin_elytra
Level 33 : Artisan Warrior