🌍 The PMC Weekly February 27th, 2021chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC β€’ 2/27/21 2:05 pm history
37 emeralds 790 104
3/12/2021 7:46 pm
User is sus's Avatar User is sus

It's the weekend! Woo! A few new community contests popped up this week, all with brilliant banners! In this weekly feature a few vibrant skins, colorful art, a massive machine build, a pack that makes bookshelves usable, and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

Winners were announced for the Bedrock RTX Event! There were a total of 42 amazing and unique entries! Thank you to all that participated!
Trip to the Grid
by G3N3ZIS
G3N3ZIS created a custom TRON-inspired PBR resource pack and world that truly highlights what makes RTX impressive. The pack and map are designed to work in a concert showcasing how light affects the environment from emission, refraction, and shadows. In other words, "Biodigital Jazz man"

G3N3ZIS live-streamed much of his process and plans to continue his creative journey with PBR textures and RTX content. Visit his entry or profile to learn more.

Congrats G3N3ZIS!

Sanctuary of the Gods
by Nereid_
-AutomailED- created a polished work of art showcasing 4 mythological creatures among the Chinese constellations. The themed map is beautifully composed and enhanced with RTX lighting on the creatures and environment.

Congrats Nereid_!

how_to_vote VOTE FOR THE PLAYER SKIN CONTEST THEME!
Winning theme will run for the month of March 2021!

We added some new, fresh ideas thanks to YOU! Be sure to read the entire list and their descriptions prior to voting! VOTE even if you're not participating and choose the one you want to see the skin community challenged with!

Poll runs for 2 more days!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
In this contest hosted by IndigoDusky, your goal is to create a skin based on ancient Rome history and culture! You will be judged on originality, creativity and how close you stick to the theme.

First, Second and Third place winners all receive a special trophies as well as the top two receiving a skin request!

Deadline:
March 9
In their second ever hosted contest, FishStacks is challenging you with unique rules: each part of your skin has to be a different color. Colors may not overlap different parts and hat layers must be the same color as the main layers.

Player skins only, and 1 contest entry per person.

Deadline:
March 20
This palette contest hosted by Fishkiss features earthy greens, purples, yellows and blues and has some reeally nice pixel art trophies for winners and participants! Player skins only and no HD Skins allowed.

Deadline:
March 24
CactiFern is celebrating their 200 Subscriber milestone and hosting an art contest where you "Draw This In Your Style". You are required to include the same outfit and at least one candle.

She's provided a picture of her Persona in the contest forum page.

Deadline: April 2
This palette contest allows both Player and Mob skins. SouthDakotaGirl is challenging you with the 5 colors you see below. Shading with hue-shifting is allowed. She also provided optional colors with shades of earthy browns.

Deadline
: April 9

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed Contest
Vehicle Contest
Stubbs1
March 1
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Palette Contest
Color Wheel ContestoPots
February 27
Prompt Event
Fem February
Lane the Turtle
February 28
Themed Contest
Nature is All Around Us
LadyBerry
February 28
Palette Contest
Pride Month  
BlossomRuna
February 28
Reshade Contest
Angel Skin Contest
Mellie
February 28
Themed Contest
Alien Skin Contest
Lemilas
March 7

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

FEATURED SKINS
Below you'll find some of our favorite skins submitted this week with the common fact that they all glow brighter with a dark background!

Apple of Eden by Ezio

Eye of Ender by m a k i

Warpgloup [​Warped forest] | Nether Custom Mob by PaladarZNG_XX2

FEATURED ART
The upper row features art we found on wall posts. Chabileo shared with us some original digital art created for cheyko's DTIYS (Drawn This In Your Style) contest. They use a beautiful palette of pinks and purples. lovfallande published the evolution of their profile picture and why it currently looks the way it does.

The bottom row features art from the blog section this week! Michiru impresses us once again with their latest character, Anima which means "soul" in Latin. Michiru goes on to state that her character is "an anthropomorphized version of the soulsand valley biome". Next is one of many pieces submitted in one blog by sonderrr. Their blog contains a lot of their art, organized by year and Sketches/Finished pieces. A great blog to browse. There were several outstanding works this week, so be sure to check out the top art blogs!

art by Chabileo

art by lovfallande

Anima by Michiru

art by sonderrr

FEATURED PROJECT
Captain_JEK is known for their small, clever builds like Ice Cream Truck and Chevrolet Farm Truck. Occasionally, however, they surprise us with a massive build. This week, they did just that and submitted a robotic-like structure titled Marx and Engels. This build features two machine lifeforms from the videogame Nier: Automata and is named after two German philosophers. Captain JEK was inspired to build this after searching for spooky vehicles and robots for the Spooktober Community Event last year and stumbled upon one of the characters, Engels. He decided to build this as a tribute to the video game for the game's 4the birthday!

FEATURED DATA PACK
This data pack by UltroGhast does just what it says! Real Working Bookshelves is a pack that allows you to store any of your books in the slots of the bookshelf! Written books, writable books, enchanted books all work with this pack! The texture of the shelf will change depending on how many slots are occupied. What a convenient way to organize all of your books!

After downloading the pack and the required resource pack, to get yourself a working bookshelf you must break bookshelves using an axe with fortune.

Be sure to check out the data packs submitted this week, as there were several great ones!
FEATURED TEXTURE PACK
This popular pack titled "Kit's Cutie Flower Armor" by 4ltk1tty overhauls the default armor to something more bright and cheery! You can now adorn yourself in a flower crown which replaces the helmet! Armor is also replaced with pastel colors with flower accents. The color of the flowers is dependant upon the type of armor you're replacing!

In addition, elytra is replaced with a pretty pink ombre pattern that reminds us of fairy wings. UwU

INTERVIEW TIME

This week's interview is with.....
Roi_Louis! Roi has been a member of Planet Minecraft since 2012! During his time here, he's submitted 11 projects, all of which have several thousand views and downloads. Roi's built everything from gothic cathedrals to complete and complex cities and has moved on to become a successful YouTuber and streamer! We were intrigued by his successes and just had to know more! We hope you enjoy reading this interview as much as we did!

Minecraft/Personalized Questions
How did your Minecraft experience begin?
I discovered Minecraft in 2011 with my "WG" clan

Do you still play minecraft?

yes i still play Minecraft and enjoy it 😊

After searching around your PMC profile a bit, we discovered you’re quite a successful YouTuber with almost 200K subscribers and Twitch Streamer with 49K followers! How cool! Was being a YouTuber/Streamer always your goal? What is attributed to your success?
At the beginning, I didn't think of becoming a youtuber at all, it came with time and the highlighting of other youtubers. I imagine that I succeed thanks to my “joie de vivre” (enthusiasm) that I communicate and my big constructions.

What do you enjoy most about creating content/streaming?
I like to share the fact that anything is possible with perseverance and determination. that life is better when you are positive ! For the videos I do everything myself.

Do you have a team of people that help you with your work (video editing, etc) or do you do everything yourself?
For some constructions I created a team in the spirit of “extreme makeover” we did events for charities and even for the French ministry of ecological transition

Are you working on any Minecraft projects?
I am currently working to redo Paris in minecraft and in survival mode I am building a victorian city

How has Minecraft influenced or changed you in real life?

After a serious back problem, I had to stop my old job. minecraft, youtube and twitch have become my main source of money

PMC Questions
How did you choose your Online Username “Roi_Louis”?
I chose "roi_louis" (king louis) because of the jungle book of Le Livre de la jungle / Author- Rudyard Kipling. initially I thought to be called baloo but it was already taken in my clan ... and my friends told me that king louis would suit me perfectly with my funny character.

What PMC submission are you most proud of? Why?
I am very proud of "babylon" because teachers all over the world use it for educational purposes at school. I have received several positive testimonials on this subject

What do you enjoy most about Planet Minecraft?
what i enjoy most about Planet Minecraft is discovering new constructions from people all over the world and sharing mine πŸ˜‰

We know you’re not as active on the site as you used to be. Your last submission was 5 years ago. Do you plan on submitting any more Minecraft Maps to PMC again?
yes alas, I have not been very active on PMC lately, I think I will post projects in the coming year.

Is there a specific member that inspires you or you look up to? Who/Why?
I really like aurelien sama, he's a long time friend and I admire his perseverance and kindness. probably also one of the best minecraft terraformers in the world.

Fun Questions
What other video games do you enjoy playing?
At the moment i like to play valheim, this game is fascinating

What genre of music is your favorite? Do you listen to music while you’re creating in Minecraft?
i like a lot of different music. jazz, country music like eagles or dire straits. sometimes even to build cathedrals, I listen to Gregorian songs to be in the mood

Describe yourself in 3 words!
my friends say I'm enthusiastic loving- cheerful and loyal

Do you have any pets?
I have a nice cat called titi

Are there any hobbies outside of Minecraft that you have?
I love walking, I do at least an hour every day in the forest

Is there any new skill that you’ve been wanting to try, but haven’t had the chance to yet?
a new skill that I want to try .. oh the trick question 😊 ... too much! I wouldn't have enough 100 lives for that lol-

Favorite quote or words of wisdom for the community? OR Do you have any advice for new members of PMC?
it is in the bible, "to those who believe, anything is possible"- I would just add that life is beautiful and that we must take advantage of every moment that it offers us <3

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake