Speed-Packing - Contest Results!fast_forward

Pleasenotme's Avatar Pleasenotme8/2/21 12:56 am history
11 emeralds 542 13
8/10/2021 5:23 am
One_Nose's Avatar One_Nose
The results for Speed-Packing are out!

A big thanks to everybody who participated, whether or not you actually managed to make an entry in time!

This contest was harder than most of us thought - even with a deadline extended by 6 hours, it's no easy task to make a data pack within a day! With not much free time in their day, quite few of the participants managed to submit data packs in time.

A few participants however did manage to make some pretty neat data packs in time! Great work by Chimerabot, Gamingbarn, IoeCmcomc, One_Nose, TheBlue Creations and YokaiS!

So without further ado - the results! Entries are listed below from last place to first place!
Chimerabot's Sailboats, by Chimerabot- 6th Place!
As much as I like the idea, due to the unavoidable bugs mentioned, it is not as immersive as some of the other data packs. As unavoidable as they are, the bugs do hinder the data pack's immersive experience. Additionally, the sailboats aren't particularly useful - they don't actually give much of an advantage. If anything, they make it more of a hassle to maintain the boats. Good job on the effort you've put into this - and keep up the good work.

Creativity - 7/10
Execution - 6/10
Efficiency - 6/10
Balance - 9/10
Entertainment - 7/10
Content - 6/10
Bugs - 6/10
Abstraction - 7/10

Total - 54/100

You get this trophy!

Pirate's head patch, by IoeCmcomc- 5th Place!
Quite a creative idea, but not much content, and not very useful. The usage can be kind of confusing. Not really much to say on this one. Good job making a data pack in under a day, and keep up the good work.

Creativity - 8/10
Execution - 7/10
Efficiency - 7/10
Balance - 7/10
Entertainment - 6/10
Content - 6/10
Bugs - 8/10
Abstraction - 7/1

Total - 56/100

You get this trophy!

Pirate Weapons Datapack, by TheBlue Creations - 4th place
This data pack was pretty fun to use! The various weapons are pretty useful and I enjoyed testing them. Abstraction and execution however was a bit lacking (the grappling hook in particular - the bridge could have been done with barrier blocks, markers/armour stands for removing it when needed, and poof particles to represent the line). However, the data pack was quite buggy - The cannons in particular started shooting wildly off-target after some time. Also, the data pack was kind of overpowered (cutlasses are slightly overpowered when dual). Dual wielding max-enchanted cutlasses is really overpowered (you can kill an army of husks just by clicking fast). Overall, really fun to test, and at the heart of the theme!

Creativity - 8/10
Execution - 7/10
Efficiency - 9/10
Balance - 6/10
Entertainment - 8/10
Content - 8/10
Bugs - 6/10
Abstraction - 7/10

Total - 59/100

You get this trophy!
End Pirates, by One_Nose- 3rd place
Uh... I'm not quite sure how to react... That was very funny. 10/10 for creativity. The inner workings had a lot of redundant tag checks and selectors though - only using 3 functions doesn't get you any bonus points. The ship's model was great. Now maybe the End won't be as boring of a place!

Creativity - 10/10
Execution - 7/10
Efficiency - 7/10
Balance - 8/10
Entertainment - 7/10
Content - 7/10
Bugs - 7/10
Abstraction - 7/10

Total - 60/100

You get this trophy!

And this one!

Gamingbarn's Pirates, by Gamingbarn- 2nd place!
This data pack was a pleasure to test and judge! The workings are smooth, and the gameplay experience is pretty bug-free! The spawning command didn't work quite as expected (it was expected that the pirates would be spawned at the location where the function was run, every time it is run). It's mostly balanced, but the flintlock and gold drops are kind of overpowered. All in all, great job.

Creativity - 9/10
Execution - 8/10
Efficiency - 7/10
Balance - 8/10
Entertainment - 8/10
Content - 8/10
Bugs - 8/10
Abstraction - 9/10

Total - 65/100

You get this trophy!

And this one!
A Pirate's Needs, by YokaiS- 1st Place!
This data pack is better than anything I hoped for from anybody in this contest, considering the time limitations. 10/10 for creativity. The features all work smoothly. They're more-or-less balanced. They're fun and useful. The amount of content is great. A few bugs - if you hold multiple pirate hats together, the count reduces to 1 due to the replacing of the item, and the cutlass actually can be enchanted. The abstraction is great, even a data packer might not guess some of the innovative ways you added functionality, and in spite of that it works extremely smoothly. Amazing job.

Creativity - 10/10
Execution - 8/10
Efficiency - 7/10
Balance - 7/10
Entertainment - 8/10
Content - 9/10
Bugs - 8/10
Abstraction - 10/10

Total - 67/100

You get this trophy!

And this one, which is shiny!

Congratulations to all the winners!