MAGIC EVENT CONCLUSIONflare

Bertiecrafter's Avatar Bertiecrafter3/7/22 10:32 am history
25 emeralds 1.5k 16
3/13/2022 3:21 pm
qerzy's Avatar qerzy
We'll be featuring some stories (blogs) and have added submissions alongside it for illustrative purposes. The implied designs and/or genders might not be what the writers of the stories intended!

Everyone knew that half of the forest was enchanted. The fairies fluttered around, leaving a trail of golden dust behind them. The mushrooms would talk to you and say nice compliments about you, even when you bounced on their head. Elves would live in tiny treehouses. The trees had faces that were old and gnarled but kindly-looking. Hedgehogs, foxes, deer and every other forest animal were shy but loving and caring. The enchanted forest had a dragon, and it was the Protector.

The enchanted forest
Submission: Magical Lake by SemGamerNL

But everyone also knew that the other half was haunted.
It looked harmless from the outside, but it was bad. Evil spirits of evil wizards and witches roamed the forest, in search of people to haunt. Evil blackened trees would lash their branches out at unsuspecting people in the forest. The flowers were withered and poisonous. And there were no passive mobs there. Every mob was hostile.

The dragon and the haunted side of the forest
Submission: Minecraft Arena by xBuzzCraft

The forest, both the enchanted and haunted halves, contain many magical creatures. Let's have a look at a couple amazing species.

Magical Axolotl by Aspirin60

Wizard Illager by MrZedLight

Bewitchedx32 - Creeper by Karaoke

Lunar Fox by chivas477

LittleDino (female)
Submission: Flawsaken by Angel

LittleDino (male)
Submission: White Mage by Ree_
One person didn’t believe that there was a half of the forest that was evil. And their name was LittleDino22.
They were a brave wizard, bold, fearless and strong. They were also resourceful, clever and very talented, good at making every potion imaginable. Swiftness, healing, regeneration, slow falling, night vision, you name it, they could make it. But they liked to live dangerously.

Gwendolf
Submission: Wizard by astronomical_gingerbread

Malfuro
Submission: Goth Queen by hemomancy

Curious about the adventure of LittleDino and who Gwendolf and Malfuro are? Check out Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of Split Forest by Totodile

For now, let's read about an alternate universe in which LittleDino grew up to be a warrior forced to fight in arena's. Of course, they needed a nickname. Let's see what they're up to...

"As I thought... not an Immortal..." her eyes lowered and her face twisted. "How unfortunate...." the sun held the moisture within her eyes, "how badly I wanted to have an opponent who couldn't die..." Letting out a sigh of contempt, she withdrew her blade back into its sheath without bothering to take off the blood. Magic wasn't even really needed in this fight besides the spells already cast on her shoes.

"AS EXPECTED! THE WINNER OF THIS BOUT IS .ONCE AGAIN, OUR REIGNING CHAMPION, "NIX THE PHANTOM'!" The audience stood up at once in harmony, cheering and clapping for their favorite contender. Nix looked up in disgust. These people didn't give a two cents about people's lives. Whether they lived or died, as far they knew, it didn't concern them. They were just there for the fun of it. This was a game. A game to witness a fun contest between two people who fight for their lives. Fun? Only fun for the audience. If they were the ones in this stadium, they wouldn't think twice to run away. Cowards. All of them.

The Arena
Submission: Arena of Chaos by rustycreeper

"Nix The Phantom"
Submission: Nightfall by aquarine
Fixing on a fresh shirt from the laundry quarters, Nix grumbled at her lack of skill. If she were truly a master of the sword, she would have no trouble beheading a small boy without splattering blood all over herself. "Hey~!" An even smaller boy appeared at the entrance of the room. "You should learn to stop thinking sometimes..." his hand caught the apple that he tossed in the air. "You'll end up ignoring someone important otherwise."

"Zachary...." Nix couldn't help but letting out a sigh, "maybe instead of worrying about me thinking too much, you should worry about yourself. Being too dumb can hurt you after all." Zachary gaped his mouth wide open in offense. Sniffling, his voice shaking so dramatically, he said, "well... if that's what you tink then I s'pose we can't be friends no more." He lifted a hand to his forehead, "oh the pain of the loss of a beautiful friendship."
"Drama queen."
"ehehe"

The two laughed and began talking away as the hours passed. Both were ignoring the blatant fact of the following day's match. The day only one of them would smile again.

Charon
Submission: The Caretaker by hemomancy
Shoes clacking on the paved ground resounded throughout the small town. Local shops were built and people stood and laughed with one another. Standing tall among the crowd, the Immortal Charon found a new city to inhabit. He cared no more for the living world but had no choice but to endure it. His heart was impenetrable and his blood only served to keep him alive without pain. Any way to die, he tried it, and inevitably, he failed. With the new rebirth that happened, he only had one goal in mind: "Destruction"

Raising one hand in the air, he looked upon the mass of the crowd. He clenched his hand into a fist, and from it burst forth hellfire. The city was quickly enveloped in the heat of flame, and a single soul which resides in that town soon perished. All but one, that is.

Want to know what happened to Nix? What consequences will unfold because of Charon? Check out The Arena -A Sign of Corruption- by Fia Rue. Hint: It involves the rebirth of the human race due to an apocalyptic event every 100 years being impacted by the negative experiences of the generations before. Definitely worth a read.

With over 500 submissions, it's impossible to come even close to covering them all. But I'm glad to see everyone had a blast. The event had a special challenge included, that would bring all of PMC together.

All submissions that completed the challenge can be mixed as desired and should work perfectly together.

You can find the collections here: Resource Packs, Maps, Data Packs, Blogs, Skins 1, Skins 2. Note that all combinations will require the Magic PvP Framework data pack.

Here are a few awesome combinations for your fully custom wizard fight:

Magicka by DanMizu

9 powerful spells with custom physics!

Purple Void by FunkyToc

An intricate arena with many obstacles to hide behind and heal/speed/jump pads!

Arcane! by Plantasia124

Gray wizard hat, a staff with purple crystals and colored books for spells.

Wonderland by Alderleaf

Ender Spells Pack by Kefaku

4 fun defensive spells for more dynamic fights.

The Floating Witch Cauldron by eagoy

A close-combat arena with real waves of water!

Just a Mage by ShadowsCrow

Top hat, magician's wand and colored playing cards for spells.

Love Potion by Mellie

Chaos Magic by Vellariya

9 chaotic spells which can get a little messy.

Arena of Chaos by rustycreeper

A super dynamic arena with toggleable light, particles, mob spawners and even power ups!

Magic PVP by Karaoke

Brown wizard hat, wand and colored orbs for spells.

Keyleth by Kirigiri

~ Thanks to everyone who participated! ~

Bertiecrafter
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
CollaboratorsDinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie