For the Redstone Engineers - winners!

DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie9/8/18 3:41 pm history
10 emeralds 923 2
9/9/2018 7:15 am
Aspirin60's Avatar Aspirin60

The skin contest for the Redstone Engineers had come to an end and it is time to announce the winners! My apologies that it took a while, it was a tricky decision to make this time around. A total of 19 entries were made.

For anyone who participated, here is the promised participation badge for you to display on your profile:

Then onto the winners, our first place winner is Aspirin60 with this very clever redstone engineer skin. A skin which is really well-made, cool-looking and we think redstone engineers will love to use this skin in-game. Congratulations! :)

Redstone engineer (contest Dinowcookie)
by Aspirin60

In second place we have the redstone miner by Deathshead Soldat, congratulations! This skin really does look like he works with redstone all the time, and it fits in really nicely with the vanilla Minecraft feel. We think that people who love redstone will love this skin too.

Redstone Miner
by Deathshead Soldat

In third place we have one of the very few female skins in this contest. The redstone explosion skin by KawaiiCornz. This skin looks like she just came back from mining redstone for her next contraption. A nice skin for female redstone engineers to use. Congrats! :D

καωαιι | Redstone Explosion ~ DinowCookie's Redstone Contest
by KawaiiCornz

Because a lot of the entries in this contest were quite similar, we had a hard time choosing the winners. Fellow judge Darth Theoden and I did not fully agree on our top-3's. Therefore I decided to have an honorable mention for the entries we considered, and appreciate, but didn't make it to the top-3. There's also an extra badge:

The first honorable mention is the redstone collector by _Sahu_. It's a very unique and visually interesting skin. We think it deserves a mention. It didn't make top-3, because we think it is not as useable in-game, though it scored high on technique.

Redstone Collector
by _Sahu_

Our second honorable mention is the redstone obsidian power armor skin by FaustRD. It's a very usable skin, people seem to like to use it since it has quite some downloads already! But it didn't make top-3, because it didn't score as well on technique.

Redstone: Obsidian Power Armor
by FaustRD

Our last and most appreciated honorable mention is Shady_Warlock who made a total of 8 skins for this contest! Wow, thank you very much for your participation, the effort is greatly appreciated. Darth Theoden's favorite was the redstone power armor mark I, and my personal favorite was the redstone technician! :D

Redstone Power Armor Mark I
by Shady_Warlock

Redstone Technician
by Shady_Warlock

Again thank you to anyone who participated. Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions. Everyone feel free to display your badges on your PMC profile. Missed this contest? No worries! Check the Event Calendar to see which community events are currently running. A new contest hosted by me will be out soon as well!
DinowCookie
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur