[Closed] Chiaroscuro Writing Extravaganza, Againalarm_on

Chiaroscuro's Avatar Chiaroscuro5/31/21 7:01 pm history
18 emeralds 468 23
7/13/2021 11:23 pm
Kaos_Kitten's Avatar Kaos_Kitten

I’ve been struck with inspiration lately to hold another Chiaroscuro-branded event—and because it has been such a long time in which people have come and gone, I think it’s only fair that I open up the event to anyone who wishes to join.

I have also become a nicer individual, so I will give anyone who wishes to participate the choice of the format—I am offering both the familiar tournament as well as a few variations of non-competitive event. So before we get to the rules, I’ll first explain how this works. There are three ways that I can set this up:
  1. The classic tournament setup: every round, half of the participants will be eliminated until there is a finale with 2-3 people that face off for the grand prize.
  2. The classic “pass-it-on” format: participants are completely randomly lined up in a certain order. Then, in that order, participants will take turns contributing to a continuously-growing short story until all participants have contributed, at which point the story is completed.
  3. Something new: participants will all begin a story in the first slot. Then, for the next slot, the stories are rotated such that each individual’s story is passed down to another participant. Thus, the end product of this method is not one large story, but many large stories.
Please vote in the poll at the end of this post which method you prefer the most. In the third method, because the burden on individuals is high, if ever you need to skip a round, I can write that section of the story on your behalf.

Here are some general rules for this event:
  1. Entries are due on the date assigned to you, with no exceptions. This is to ensure that the following portions of the contest/event can proceed as planned and the whole project is not delayed.
  2. Stories must be in English, but short non-English phrases are accepted.
  3. By entering into this event, you acknowledge and accept the responsibility that the schedule requires and you commit to being respectful of your fellow participants’ writing skills and their time.
If the contest is selected, the first prompt will be announced at the start of the first round. If the event is selected, the prompt will be announced to whichever participant(s) goes first, and subsequent participants must go into this writing challenge blind. However, because this is collaborative, you are free to ask me for any help you need while you are writing.

Every participant in this challenge will be awarded a participation medal and the opportunity to be a part of a big project like this. You can join this effort by commenting on this thread. Please, come by and write!

Current Participants

DinowCookie
Wolf_with_Scarf
ArcaneKnight
Lemilas
IndigoDusky
Spongie
PolishFuze
lyliaa
Overlord_Aqua_2
Kaos_Kitten
Chiaroscuro
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Ladybug

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Kaos_Kitten
06/14/2021 6:26 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
Eepep I can't see a final date for signing up so sorry of I'm late.

If its still possible I'd love to join!
Chiaroscuro
06/14/2021 8:36 am
Final day is today so you got in just in time.
Kaos_Kitten
06/14/2021 9:04 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
Phewww! It looks super fun I'm sad I never took a look at it before. (thanks to Dinow for suggesting I join, what a chad)
DinowCookie
06/09/2021 4:42 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
When will the poll end to determine which set-up we're doing? 😁
Chiaroscuro
06/09/2021 11:42 am
history
I think whenever I close enrollment, so that'll be next Monday. It was set to be indefinite because I didn't know at the time how long I would run recruitment for.
Overlord_Aqua_2
06/07/2021 8:02 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Guard
I'm not good at writing but I would like to join for fun and experience :)
lyliaa
06/07/2021 7:56 am
Level 32 : Artisan Procrastinator
Ooh last time was fun - count me in!
PolishFuze
06/05/2021 10:34 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Count me in :333
Spongie
06/06/2021 2:10 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
:3 yay :D
Spongie
06/05/2021 3:02 pm
So I'm considering joining, I haven't done writing in a bit but is it possible you can explain this to me more lol I'm still so tired and cannot process all this information shsgsush
Chiaroscuro
06/05/2021 9:40 pm
Well, as it stands, the winning format is a tournament, which means that at the beginning of a round, I'll give everyone a prompt to write a story about. At the end of the round, half the participants get eliminated and the other half move on to the next round. At the end, there will be a single winner.

You can look at some of my old contests to see what that would be like.
Spongie
06/05/2021 10:07 pm
oooooo this sounds fun
so completely random topics?
Chiaroscuro
06/05/2021 10:12 pm
I mean they’re not random because I make them up but yes, they cover a wide variety of topics.
IndigoDusky
05/31/2021 10:43 pm
Level 44 : Master Strawberry
I think I will join <333
Lemilas
05/31/2021 9:56 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
There's a possibility I'll join, but I'm not sure - it depends on factors like how busy I am at the time and what the contest/event ends up being like.
Chiaroscuro
05/31/2021 10:19 pm
I'll put you down and you can let me know when the time comes.
Wolf_with_Scarf
05/31/2021 9:52 pm
Level 49 : Master Wolf
I'm not the best at writing, but I think I might join if I have some time.
Chiaroscuro
05/31/2021 10:20 pm
You don't need to be "the best," we're all here to support each other.
ArcaneKnight
05/31/2021 8:10 pm
Level 48 : Master Sus
think I might join
Chiaroscuro
Welcome!
DinowCookie
05/31/2021 7:16 pm
Whatever the outcome of the poll; sign me up! 😊
Chiaroscuro
Will do, good to have you back!
DinowCookie
06/01/2021 10:04 am
Good to be back! I got the opportunity to follow a writing course this year. Time to bring that back to PMC. 😁
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome