Aug/Sep "Mad Libs" Results

DigitalNeko's Avatar DigitalNeko10/19/22 1:10 pm scheduled history
16 emeralds 336 25
1/13/2023 1:38 pm
alkasper's Avatar alkasper

^oh look. i have a banner now
-

[ There are hidden messages (*jokes) in these results for true fans of the Wheel ]

|| August/September "Mad Libs" Results ||

Firstly, thank you so much to everyone who entered! I had a lot of fun seeing what you did with your prompts and what the creative results were. Every skin entered was unique and gorgeous<3

Before we get into it, here’s a reminder of my disclaimer from last time:

All prompts were randomized. Any prompts that were given frequently or any disliked prompts you received were all by chance. No, I do not have some unknown grudge against you, nor did I decide to torment you specifically and who are you anyway? how did you get into my house?
*Im not evil nor malicious. I am simply a conduit through which the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Wheel acts. If the Wheel deemed you worthy of its most difficult machinations, it is not a challenge, nay, but a trial to prove yourself. A chance to rise to the occasion and bask in the divine presence of the Wheel’s grace. Consider yourself blessed to have been given the prompts which the mere sight of would make men fall to their knees in subservience.
(additional disclaimer = the above statement is a joke)

As I’ve said before; you do not win this contest just because you made one of my favorite skins (although, there is a badge for that).
THE BADGE IS A MARK OF HONOR, BE GRATEFUL, WRETCH

Mad Libs” is judged on a point scale. There are three categories; handicap points (to balance more difficult prompts), adherence points (how well you fulfilled your prompts), and misc points (technical, creativity). There are also deductions and bonus points depending on how you did in the adherence category.

For anyone looking for a more in-depth explanation about the points system, please see the “Ranking Info” spoiler below.
OR PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE WHEEL AND BE ACCEPTING OF YOUR JUDGEMENT.

Ranking Info
HANDICAP POINTS //

PROMPT VALUE: All entries are judged first not by the skin, but by the prompts received. Each prompt has a value from 0-3, with examples being “Red” is a 0, while “Steampunk” is a 3. This means you can earn up to 9 handicap points in this category.
THE WHEELS FAVORITE PROMPTS ARE EQUALLY DREAMLIKE AND SPOOKY - MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL. OR DONT. THE WHEEL DOES NOT CARE FOR YOUR OPINIONS.

PROMPT COMBOS: In addition to prompt value points, there is also a discretionary “difficult prompt combos” section. If your prompts were difficult to combine, you likely received extra points. Each combination is rated 0-2, with a total possible score of 6. For example, “Red” and “Blue” is not a difficult combination, so you would receive 0 points, while “Ancient” and “Cyberpunk” would merit 2 points for being a very difficult combination.

Of these two sections, you can earn up to 15 handicap points. This sounds like a lot, but the chance of a single one of the 278 prompt sets I spun being worth 15 handicap points is only ~1%.
at that point the wheel is your new god with how much youll need to pray

ADHERENCE POINTS //

PROMPT FULFILLMENT: For each prompt you received, you can earn 0-3 points depending on how well you used that prompt. A 0 means you did not visibly include the prompt, a 1 means it was included but not prevalent enough, a 2 means you did reasonably well but could have used the prompt better, while a 3 means you did very well including that prompt. As you can earn up to 3 points per prompt, you can earn a total of 9 points from this section.

COHESIVENESS: In addition to this, you receive 0-2 points based on cohesion (or how well the prompts were combined). Incoherent or highly segmental skins would earn a 0, mildly segmental skins or skins that had something visibly “off” about them would receive a 1, while skins that could reasonably be posted as a “normal” skin having nothing to do with randomization would receive a 2.

Nothing in this category is based on how “good” of a skin you made. You can earn up to 11 total points from these sections.
THE WHEEL FINDS YOUR MORTAL COIL PITIFUL.

MISC POINTS //

TECHNICAL: The more “traditional” route. Technical points are assessed by factors like shading, color theory, hueshifting, outfit design, techniques like lightsourcing or gradients, and details. Of this section, you can earn 0-5 points.

CREATIVE: You may earn 0-5 points in the creativity section. Points are awarded based on creativity as well as adjacent qualifiers such as uniqueness, vision, outfit/skin design, etc. You do not earn more/less points for execution.

From this category, you can earn up to 10 points total.

DEDUCTIONS + BONUS POINTS //

DEDUCTIONS: Likely the only time you will be deducted points is if you did not fulfill a prompt. Any points the prompt is worth, plus any points from difficult combos it was a part of, will be deducted. Much more rarely, you may lose points for subverting the nature of the contest. Vague, yes, but extremely unlikely. It gives them an unfair advantage if points are not deducted in response. Those who do this earn 0 points for cohesion and lose all of their difficult combo points.

BONUS POINTS: There are three ways to earn bonus points, all of which are given upon meeting certain requirements. The first way you can earn an extra point is by receiving a perfect adherence score (3 for each prompt, 2 for cohesion). The second is receiving a perfect score for the misc category (5 for technical, 5 for creative). In addition, if you meet both of these requirements by having a full perfect score, you receive an additional point for a total of 3 bonus points. One point makes all the difference in this contest.
SIMP.

-

|| Results ||

A
LL SPOILERED BECAUSE THE WHEEL LOVES THE ANTICIPATION IN THE AIR.

Due to the amount of people who entered, I’m also awarding 4th and 5th<3
Succumb to the anticipation below!

! Fifth Place !
// PRIZE: // Unshaded OB RQ

And last (well, technically first) but certainly not least of our winners, four people managed to squeeze into fifth place with 24 points each! Crammed into this can of sardines is...

gumoholic , SaturnMarz , kittywomp , + hufflepuffyuwuu !

I’d be truly remiss not to encourage you to move your peepers a little further down:

@gumoholic (Skindex)
"formal," "spooky," "ancient"

Saturn Marz
"ancient," "cyberpunk," "red"

kittywomp
"hipster," "gothic," "preppy"

@hufflepuffyuwuu (Skindex)
"oceanic," "grunge," "steampunk"

! Fourth Place !
// PRIZE: // 2 Unshaded OB RQs

Sole possessor of precisely 25 points, the person to reach these heights is...

vqmpmcxie !

I hope you’ll bite when I lure you into viewing this wonderful entry:

@vqmpmcxie (Skindex)
"angelic," "fairycore," "vampiric"

! Third Place !
// PRIZE: // 1 Full RQ , 1 Shaded OB RQ /OR/ 2 Unshaded OB RQs

The two winners of third place secured 26 points apiece. Bow down before...

LogMaiden + FroznBee !

You can view their fantastical creations here:

LogMaiden
"beachy," "celestial," "gothic"

@FroznBee (Skindex)
"blue," "medieval," "oceanic"

! Second Place !
// PRIZE: // 1 Full RQ , 2 Shaded/Unshaded OB RQs

Looking at another tie, our second place winners earned a hard-fought 28 points each! Say hello to...

Kaos_Kitten + catsarecool666 !

Take a peek at their creativity here:

Kaos_Kitten
"fantasy," "ancient," "dreamlike"

@catsarecool666 (Skindex)
"steampunk," "angelic," "medieval"

! First Place !
// PRIZE: // 2 Full RQs , 2 Shaded/Unshaded OB RQs

We have a 4-way tie for first place! Each earning an impressive 29 points, congratulate our winners...

chikattsu , wqtermxlon , OneWayTwoBrazil , thebudgie !

Check out their stunning entries here:

chikattsu
"purple," "wintry," "spooky"

wqtermxlon
"angelic," "blue," "colorful"

OneWayTwoBrazil
"demonic," "retro," "celestial"

budg1e
"sci-fi," "oceanic," "red"

THE WHEEL DOES NOT HAVE A FAVORITE ENTRY. THE WHEEL IS EQUALLY APATHETIC TO YOU ALL.

Due to the volume of prizes, there may be a waiting period for RQs. Requests will be fulfilled in the order they were received.

-

If you’re interested in using this version of the wheel for fun, you can check it out here (just make sure to credit if you use it):

The Wheel

You can view the collection of entries here

Finally, thank you all so much for participating. I definitely enjoyed hosting the event, and I hope you enjoyed joining! Congratulations to the winners, as well as everyone who entered for trying something new. I hope you all have a lovely day<3

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PARTICIPATION BADGE: PLEASE PM ME

YOU HAVE FELT NAUGHT OF THE WHEELSCHALLENGE

EVERY YEAR THE WHEEL GROWS STRONGER

DO NOT FEAR, REJOICE
DigitalNeko
Level 47 : Master Kitten