I updated my pack, but it doesn't show that to others.

Sumpumpolis's Avatar Sumpumpolis4/25/11 5:22 pm
5/9/2011 2:27 pm
Boomer's Avatar Boomer
so I did a large update to my texture pack(links in my sig) but I don't see it at the top of the list of recently updated packs. I don't really need it, but it does give some publicity, and help any who like the pack know they need to download a new version. Is it normal for packs not to show up there?
Sumpumpolis
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Egyptian

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Cyprezz
05/09/2011 2:25 pm
He/Him • Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg Programmer
Yes, on homepage and in browse listings, the site uses cached data for a short period of time. ~60 seconds. It's a way of reducing server load.
Boomer
05/09/2011 2:27 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
It works well then, I usually don't see much slow down unless I am on during the peak of the daytime when more people are on.
Boomer
05/09/2011 1:59 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
IT could be some lag from the server, I noticed that somethings such as title images for the skins or avatar changes don't seem to take effect instantly, and you have to wait a little before you see it change.
Cyprezz
05/04/2011 8:14 pm
Well, I deleted your "test" log. Posted a new log and clicked save. It bumped. Hmm.
Cyprezz
05/04/2011 8:10 pm
Looking into it now.
three_two
05/03/2011 9:23 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Spleefer
Try this, go in to the edit page, write TEST in the update log, make sure you save the update log (there's a separate save button), then hit the save button on top of the edit page. That should bump your submissions.
BrokenTactics
05/04/2011 6:48 pm
Level 47 : Master Steve
I tried that, but it didn't work. I think I did about everything now, so I will send a message to Cyprezz.
BrokenTactics
05/03/2011 6:45 pm
Level 47 : Master Steve
I have a similar problem. I just did a big update on mine a few days ago. I followed these instructions and it now says I last updated it three days ago.

Any other suggestions?
Zaralith
04/26/2011 10:11 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
The submissions were experiencing problems with file uploads which has been fixed. try again.
Zaralith
04/25/2011 5:28 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
It sounds like you forgot to hit the save button at the top of editing your submission. Try re-uploading the updated version into the current submission and making sure that you hit the save button once. It should take you back to the regular page for the submission that everyone else sees (minus the edit this button). If it does that, the timestamp on the submission should also be updated. Also, post a new log in the update logs that lets people know that you have changed the pack and what has changed.
Sumpumpolis
04/25/2011 5:43 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Egyptian
did all those things. i checked by going back to my submissions as well and downloading the new version.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome