Stop with the OP Data Packs

Azure_Flames's Avatar Azure_Flames1/25/24 4:19 pm
4 emeralds 223 4
2/9/2024 7:45 pm
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
I swear almost every page of the datapack feed has at least one '(insert thing here) gives OP loot!' pack.

Can we stop spamming these? Especially since so many are copy-and-pasted from each other.
Azure_Flames
Level 38 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

HoboMaggot
02/09/2024 7:45 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
history
mega7
01/26/2024 1:59 am
Level 45 : Master Cupcake
Yeah i hate those alot. But i have gotten used to it. I just avoid it as much as possible. Since you cannot really contain it. So heh just live with it
ScotsMiser
01/25/2024 10:51 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
If your opinion is widespread the problem should be self correcting as posters see no diamonds / favs / DLs / comments…
[There is the possibility of an Endless September issue, but this shouldn't be too bad… 🤞]
I've seen a number of submissions that I think might be fairly characterized as OP and am hoping this is effective…

– ☠ – ☠ – ☠ – ☠ – ☠ – ☠ –

Trying to do anything to actively squelch these does not seem likely to work:

The first issue is one man's trash is another man's treasure: if somebody didn't think these were just spiffy-keen they wouldn't be getting made in the first place
[Trying to moderate submissions based on op/non-OP would be a nightmare (IMO)]

Secondly, at least some MC players are immature: making it trivially easy for them to 'godzilla' their way through the game will reduce any cache gained by doing so to that of the diamond block manse built in creative (Hopefully they wiill soon grow bored and advance to 'better' [ :^) ] playstyles.)

There is alos the possibility that some of these may not be intended as game breakers, but are just the products of persons who didn't think through all the corner cases that might apply (or are relying on 'scarcity' to limit the OP nature of th eoffering).
[Given the number of times MS/Mj has fallen afoul of this, such posters can hardley be taken too much to task.]

In these cases, making suggestions for 'reasonable' limits on the power of the pack/mod may be the most effective strategy.

Possibly this thread may encourage a more balanced approach [I hearby invoke the hallowed name of Dr Pangloss; so mote it be…]
PioThePie
01/25/2024 4:33 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Toast
agreed, its so annoying, I want to browse a list of quality datapacks not this "op items" or "op mob" nonsense
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome