Should I give up my youtube channel?video_library

TheNeneGamer's Avatar TheNeneGamer11/21/23 5:34 pm
12/20/2023 8:01 am
YunoCreeperFox's Avatar YunoCreeperFox
I'm a small Minecraft Youtuber at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKOqqcXHjCV6BWmqukJ9SdQ and I feel quite discouraged. Minecraft is very competitive and it feels like being genuine doesn't hold value anymore. If your titles aren't big and flashy no one would click. I'm not a big fan of clickbait either. Whenever I upload something that I genuinely like besides mod reviews, it barely gets views. Is my content bad? I improved the editing, I even got a new microphone and I think my thumbnails are good.
What else can i do?
TheNeneGamer
Level 40 : Master Witch

Create an account or sign in to comment.

YunoCreeperFox
11/26/2023 7:41 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
Well if you are doing it for your own pleasure, then if you don't find it fun then it might be a good idea to consider taking a break.
GoggleD0GG
11/25/2023 9:30 pm
Level 49 : Master Necromancer
are you doing it for yourself or for clout?

that should answer your question
Titan_TVwoman
11/25/2023 9:20 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
Absolutely not! Do you think MrBeast or Minecraft started at 1M subs? No! They started at 0, and got more and more subs by the day! You'll get there one day! Just don't give up!
BlueBoyBuilds
11/25/2023 4:37 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blueberry
If you feel unfulfilled, don’t do it.
Only do it if you genuinely want to do it, not just because of view counts and things like that. YouTube is a ride-or-die journey, you either go on long enough making content you love, or make click-baity soulless content, or you quit the platform entirely.
amateurpainter32
11/25/2023 3:55 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
Making minecraft content in 2023?
Titan_TVwoman
11/25/2023 9:21 pm
Can you shut up? Nene is just a small youtuber, why are you bullying them?
TheNeneGamer
11/25/2023 4:08 pm
Level 40 : Master Witch
yes...
Titan_TVwoman
11/25/2023 9:24 pm
Don't worry, he's just being a bit selfish and unsupportive! You're my friend now and I will forever support you >:)
ScotsMiser
11/22/2023 5:37 am
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
Firstly, I'd not give up the channel; if you feel burnt out or otherwise disinclined to post regularly putting the channel on hiatus (possibly announcing this) preserves what you have if/when you are motivated to get back to it.

Having looked at a couple of the vids [Make Minecraft FUN Again! & Minecraft Survival 1.20 Let's play Ep.1 - Cherry Pink House 🌸 🏠] I don't see any major problems with the editing [I don't like how you handled the fast forward through wood chopping, but YMMV].
Including your own subtitles was a nice touch in the let's play.

In terms of content, it is clear that I am not your target demographic [being a survival near-vanilla tech-lite player who sees getting elytra as just another gate to the end game].
Based on the [limited] sample, we also have very different playstyles, which again limits my interest.
(This ought not be taken as criticism of your style, merely as recognition that no single style is universally followed.)

WRT the response to your channel:
I think you hit the nail on the head when you note that "[youtube vidoes for] Minecraft [are] very competitive".
Worse this is what would be called a "mature industry" where there are many well established players and few avenues for newcomer innovation. [In explanation of the last: while each update adds various 'things', those new 'things' are generally addressed (often while still in snapshots) by many of the established MC Utubers.]

Growing your brand is going to be a long term project (and likely quite a slog).
Unfortunately I'm poorly situated to give advice, particularly since your play style tends more toward what I would characterize as aesthetic []vs. technical] play…
Guts N Pixels
11/21/2023 5:46 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Collective
Don't quit! I've been doing it for a year, and I had to earn every sub I have. I'm at 1,560 right now but keep going, YouTube requires you to be consistent with your content and it's a long term game and not a short term.

Everyone starts at the bottom, but as you make more videos, improve on your craft, you eventually will zero in on your audience. Patience is a virtue, and you gotta beat on your craft everyday.

Consistency, quality content, attractive thumbnails, and relevant tags will all help you. If you have a talent, are funny, or knowledgeable then show case it in your content.

Keep going, keep making. Don't give up!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome