Project Procedure Question

hogbits's Avatar hogbits2/25/24 1:58 pm
2/26/2024 4:25 pm
Artemiy_Stark's Avatar Artemiy_Stark
I have a question about procedure and etiquette here on PMC and wanted to get clarification before posting. Basically, I created three versions of a project that I wanted to share. A mod, a datapack, and a bedrock add-on. They all add the same functionality. I wanted to create one project page and link all three versions from it, but not sure that is the right way since mods and datapacks have their own categories. Bedrock add-on's are a bit tricky since there isn't a dedicated category. What is the recommended approach in this case? Create one project for all three, or create three separate projects?
hogbits
Level 34 : Artisan Pig

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Artemiy_Stark
02/26/2024 4:25 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Explorer
history
you can post every version separately, and put them in Collection in your profile,

and put URL to it in those posts.

I think that would be ok🤔
ScotsMiser
02/26/2024 3:07 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Will watch this with interest…

My [​entirely unofficial] opinion would be to put mod & datapack in the respective sub-fora (not sure what to do with BR) and cross refernce the postings in the text description.
(The idea is to make it as easy as possible for a casual user to find the material as well as making the availability of the alternative clear as there may be users who prefer mods to datapacks {or vice versa}.)

I'm unclear what a project page would add, but this isn't an area where I've posted enough to be a good source….
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome