PMC's April Fools joke was so bad I'm probably leaving this hole

Baroque Obama's Avatar Baroque Obama4/2/24 8:55 am
3 emeralds 211 9
4/2/2024 7:49 pm
Drzzter's Avatar Drzzter
After 5 years on this site and lots of controbs, I'm probably gonna walk out the door.

Someone thought it would be a 'good' idea to make me a site moderator yesterday and then take it away today. Like that's something that you joke about or makes sense.

I was actually happy that I was made a site mod, and told some of my friends about it. Now I wake up and find out it was just an Aprol Fool's joke.

Whichever ***** who made that decision really should think of the impact of their decisions before making them. I'm probably not the only long-time member who was victimized by this crap.
Baroque Obama
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Drzzter
04/02/2024 7:49 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Hey, I'm sorry you didn't like the April Fool's joke. It wasn't meant to offend. Our team thought we had made it innocent/obvious enough that we were joking that it wouldn't hurt anybody. Rather, we thought that the more elaborate nature of the prank would make it more fun/interactive than most sites' April Fools jokes. Cyprezz summed it up pretty well, but I just wanted to reiterate that we were just being silly. I know it's embarrassing to tell people about something and only realize later that it was a joke -- I've been there personally, and you can see a lot of people who fell for it too if you check the wall post history for yesterday. It was all meant in good spirits.

That said, I'm gonna lock this thread. I don't want anyone to poke you about it anymore. The replies aren't meant to be hurtful either, but "it's just April Fools bro" isn't adding anything to the conversation. Private message me if you want to talk about it. I helped brainstorm some of the dialogues and participated in perpetuating the joke.
Arkaliasus
04/02/2024 1:08 pm
Level 40 : Master Mage
everybody was a site moderator, if only you had seen the COUNTLESS posts about it.

i'd say have fun on whatever page you end up on.. but i dont think you're a fan of fun..

..soo.. you do you i guess :)
_Plume
04/02/2024 12:53 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Senpai
If you observed the website on April 1st you might have realized that everyone got a yellow name, a dead giveaway of a prank that I think was innocent enough for everyone, passed the shame that always come with telling friends about something you only realize later was a prank?
sniffercraft34
04/02/2024 8:59 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cookie
history
I fell for it too. But you have to be invited to be a site mod, you don't just become one. Did you wonder why everybody was a mod? The only people who weren't mods where the actual mods.
Baroque Obama
04/02/2024 9:04 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Architect
history
I didn't have time to look around yesterday and notice if anyone was a mod or not
I don't want to be one anyway, and I have no idea how invites work

I do know that f***ing with your own people is an absolutely stupid thing to do... f***ing with people in general is risky at best, bc not everyone is gonna take a 'joke' in the way it's intended. Pranking a lot of your own members? Yeah this place needs new leadership.

And the current leaders need to reach out to me and apologize, or all of my projects and my account are leaving.
Arkaliasus
04/02/2024 1:13 pm
Level 40 : Master Mage
you know how april 1st works right? everyone EVERYWHERE does april fools. even companies you havent heard of.

''I didn't have time to look around yesterday and notice if anyone was a mod or not'' means you didnt actually investigate anything or speak to staff.. or even check the forum?

when i saw i was a mod i figured it was a mistake and didnt click any of the options associated, just incase, but when i realised it was an april fools it was more .. fun
Cyprezz
04/02/2024 9:18 am
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
history
Hey sorry for the confusion from the April fools prank. It's not easy to predict how pranks / jokes will come across for everyone and I can see how this was frustrating for you to realize only later.

Because you were only able to pop on for a few, you probably missed the fake moderator options and ridiculous tips that would likely make it obvious coupled with the April 1st timing. Either way, it wasn't our intention to hurt you or others. :(

We try to do something a little more than elaborate than a outlandish article like many sites publish but that's admittedly a safer route. We dialed this years prank way back compared to the CFTs of last year but that was a prank that was safer in sense that it's not really going to upset anyone like this.

Sorry and hope you otherwise had a good April 1st.
_Plume
04/02/2024 12:56 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Senpai
The "mod everyone" prank was actually really good I think, at least everyone that I know of, except the person who posted the message we're commenting on, very much enjoyed the joke. It would be sad to see you dial back the next ones because someone didn't take lightly to being pranked on April 1st :(
sniffercraft34
04/02/2024 9:22 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cookie
I thought it was fun being a mod for the day. And the weird pop up things were weird. Well, you have to do something for April Fools!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome