MC Legends was Designed for Babies - Prove Me Wrong

Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum1/2/24 6:16 pm history
2 emeralds 109 1
1/2/2024 8:51 pm
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
This art style makes me want to puke:

Why the hell is that zombie not eating the villager's brains out??

Ooh, mini-piggies. I'm so scaared.

AAAAUUGGHH!!! Change the channel already!

Dermugettum
Level 22 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
01/02/2024 8:51 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Ignoring the unfortunate choice of art style (it looks like it was designed to appeal to the 5-7 yo set by being key-oot), reviews of the game seem to be split between fairly obvious squees (claiming this is MS/Mj's latest incredible, unmatchable, better than anything since considerably before sliced bread) and what appear to more reasoned discussions of some serious limitations in both the game play [​repetitve gets used a fair bit] and the strategy / tactics on which the game is based [​the most widely repeated complaint I found was that the game ineffectively tries to straddle genres].

No where outside squee-reviews did I find any indication that MCL woudl be likely to be interesting (other than as novelty) to persons who enjoy either tactical FPS/small unit combat or campaign scale RTS. [​The apparent lack of ability to pause essentially takes this out of the realm of serious strategy games.]

"Babies' may be a bit of an overstatement, but the reviews I found do seem to support the idea that MCL is aimed at either quite young players or those who are uninterested in deeper and more complex strategic play.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome