Java Vs Bedrock Edition?!

IndigoDusky's Avatar IndigoDusky2/14/21 6:54 pm history
3/1/2021 2:49 pm
IndigoDusky's Avatar IndigoDusky
Which is better?! I will answer the question!

First off, this IS NOT an actual debate. (Clickbait I know, But please read all the way through)

Secondly, I am sick of all the "Which is better Java or Bedrock" "J or B?" "Bedrock or Java?! Find out!"

Why would you debate a topic that you KNOW will create drama and unnecessary anger?
I know you might want replies to gain XP and attention, or maybe you are actually curious, but it does not matter.
The version that is best for YOU is the best for you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As our friend IAmGoneGoodbye5 said
"The reason content takes longer to release on Bedrock is because its content updates have to work on phones/consoles/switch/computers and TVs. Java only has to worry about computers. Comparing the two is quite frankly unfair and uncalled for. Microtransactions aren't bad, they're optional and you can ignore them. Java has microtransactions too, just look at Optifine and client cosmetics, and yet you complain about Bedrock's? Developers and the marketplace creators have to make a living too you know, you don't HAVE to pay, there are free alternatives and more options that Java offers, and is safer than ADfly if your child or sibling wants to download a pack, map, or mod. Bedrock does have mods, just like Java does, just different in implementation, and has Scripting API.

Play what works for you and your situation of what devices/OS you own.

I am so tired of this conversation. Seeing this same poll/post every other week. Sick of seeing Java being put on a pedestal and Bedrock being thrown stones at by people who do not understand, give it a chance, or even play/own it despite being given to old-time Java players FOR FREE. At this point, it reeks of entitled. I'm done with this same topic popping up again and again. It ALWAYS devolves into this, no matter how much Mojang says both are equal on any media like Twitter it always devolves into this. Why couldn't there just be one version of this game so we can stop having this constant infighting between the two editions so we can all just play together again instead of wasting time crapping on each other's preferred versions."
Just to prove to you that each edition has its PROS and CONS, I have read all the comments on a lot of (*Cough* Biased *Cough*) Comparisons and will be answering them. (The most commonly commented ones)

#1. (The most common)

"Java is better"

Answer:
How can you say that?
1. Have you played Bedrock?
2. You gave no facts that support your claim whatsoever
3. Come on. Really.

#2.
"Java version is absolutely better in nearly all ways
Better modding support, texture packs, and servers
Bedrock you have to pay for every little thing you want to get from the marketplace "

Answer:
First off, Bedrock modding is gaining popularity now, As it is still QUITE new compared to Java. Some day they will be the same!
They are some pretty amazing texture packs for Bedrock, maybe you have not looked hard enough.
And another thing gaining popularity is Bedrock servers!
They are already a lot, and more every day! (Dont forget about severs that have Crossplay, they are also growing in numbers!)
The Market place. One question: Have you ever heard of a virus in the market place?
The reason why is because they go through a process with all the packs they allow on the market place
to make sure they aren't viruses! Why you have to pay?
1. Creators on the marketplace have to make a living somehow! (And GUARANTEED not to be a virus)
2. Just another way Microsoft can pay their teams that make Minecraft a better experience for Everyone! (Including Java players!)
3. It is not that much. Java players make microtransactions all the time. (Optifine, Mods, Textures)

#3.
"Java Edition Has better Redstone and skins"

Answer:

umm... No.

I have to say that Java edition has Redstone quirks, but so does Bedrock!
It is really about what you have learned!
and I have to say Bedrock has better skin support. (HD anyone?)

#4.

"You Have to pay for everything in Bedrock. There is so much free content in Java"

Answer:

That is wrong.
You have to pay for somethings in Bedrock, But there is SO much free content out there! (Whole websites full of it (Not going to name any, PMC rules, But you can find them)

#5. (Last one)

"Java's better because you get raw access to the world files and can edit them freely allowing you to have a lot more cool stuff than in Bedrock."

Answer:

You Can access the Bedrock files...
So, in summary, It is up to you.
You might want to play with friends or explore by yourself. I think Both editions are great in their own ways!
Can we just appreciate Minecraft for the beautiful game it is, instead of bickering all the time?

PLEASE DON'T COMMENT HATEFUL/OPINIONATED THINGS. As it will help nothing and no one.
♥ But feel free to add anything points I missed! ♥

IndigoDusky
Level 44 : Master Strawberry

Create an account or sign in to comment.

RealToon
03/01/2021 2:33 pm
Level 20 : Expert Taco
What about legacy console edition
IndigoDusky
03/01/2021 2:49 pm
history
I didn't include Legacy Edition for two reasons;
1. It is Discontinued.
2. I haven't found any arguments about Legacy edition (That doesn't mean you should start one!)
AlexSzubka
02/25/2021 11:21 am
Level 20 : Expert Explorer
I love java for the gameplay and look of it since it seems to be improved survival based than bed rock BUT I love bedrock for the cross platform and as guilty as I am to admit this I enjoy PVPing on the servers since a lot of people are on mobile so its easy to win unless if they are god.
Homenick
02/18/2021 4:08 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Thanks for the step by step tutorial. Works like a charm! The solution worked for me thanks to the community and the members for the solution.

MyMileStone Card
IndigoDusky
02/18/2021 8:58 pm
Don't think this is the right Forum post ;D
ANGLES
02/17/2021 4:48 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
I mostly play Java, but Bedrock has many capabilities, and skins are better, as you can make transparent parts and change height.
Treee_
02/17/2021 4:01 pm
Level 21 : Expert Procrastinator
history
After playing both versions for a while, I’m going to have to go with Java.

But “Minecraft is Minecraft”
Shrimpware
02/17/2021 3:45 pm
Level 27 : Expert Spelunker
I prefer Java edition, you don't have to pay for anything besides your account, if you don't include realms.
IndigoDusky
02/17/2021 8:28 pm
You only have to pay for the account in Bedrock as well!
Shrimpware
02/17/2021 8:47 pm
history
But don't you have to buy skins and stuff like that in Bedrock edition with Minecoins?
IndigoDusky
02/17/2021 8:50 pm
history
Yes, but it is optional! There is plenty of free content for Bedrock. ❤️
Shrimpware
02/17/2021 9:17 pm
True, but I still do prefer java because all of the skins, and most maps are free
IndigoDusky
02/17/2021 9:57 pm
history
All skins made for Java are compatible with Bedrock! And there is conversation applications (for free) that can covert Java to Bedrock (and other way round)
Some Random Kid
02/17/2021 3:39 pm
Level 26 : Expert Blacksmith
Many people can have their own opinions about this but honestly here's what i'm going to say
They are both very popular versions
both different and similar
I'm going to say what's different
-UI
-Inventory
-Modding
-Limits
-Servers

Now to the one very important similarity I can think of
It doesn't even matter
minecraft is minecraft
Papaa
02/17/2021 2:14 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Prince
java

came

out

first
it
the
OG
IndigoDusky
02/17/2021 2:17 am
history
Hey hey hey... I said please no hateful/opinionated comments! This forum is trying to STOP conflict between versions.

(also, forgot a word there my friend ✨)
02/16/2021 9:09 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
IndigoDusky
02/17/2021 1:44 am
history
I want to say, Thank you so much for posting it!

I am not very good w/ words, and you said exactly what I have been thinking ✨
RealToon
02/16/2021 7:27 pm
Bedrock makes me nauseous... I guess I played it when I was nauseous and now associate it with nausea.
IndigoDusky
02/17/2021 1:50 am
Weird... sorry that happened!
VriveraU
02/16/2021 6:13 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Skinner
Umm... to tell the truth, I haven't played Java Edition, I have only played Bedrock and PE (which is just bedrock rebreanded)
Jtastic
02/16/2021 6:02 pm
Level 40 : Master Lemon
I play bedrock so I am more used to bedrock never played java I like bedrock better I like the combat and stuff but there is some things in java that I like better! :D
Jtastic
02/16/2021 6:03 pm
Also cause I love Hive on bedrock :D I am a huge Hive fan :D
IndigoDusky
02/16/2021 9:06 pm
history
Lol, I play on the hive more than I should
Jtastic
02/17/2021 3:30 pm
Awesome
EliteGaming__
02/16/2021 5:51 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Bedrock edition is better for Casual players who just want to play the game. Java edition is better for advanced players. And bedrock is smoother.
GeekyCatGaming
02/16/2021 8:48 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
A lot of these arguments are based around what platform you're playing bedrock on. If you're playing on a console/tablet, then I think bedrock is more limiting. Also, though bedrock has skins on PC, it console and tablet players can't see your skin. In short, it really depends on what platform you play bedrock on, xbox doesn't allow players to add there own servers, they can only play from the featured server list.
IndigoDusky
02/17/2021 2:20 am
Great point! I do wish they would let you have custom severs on the other versions of Bedrock!
inzanely
02/16/2021 6:07 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Skinner
i'm pretty sure even if you cant use custom skins, you can still see them, and im pretty sure mobile players can make/use custom skins too, at least on amazon fires they can.
VriveraU
02/16/2021 6:14 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Skinner
You can still use custom skins on Android
inzanely
02/16/2021 7:16 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Skinner
good to know
ImYourFwend_
02/15/2021 3:31 am
Level 26 : Expert Warrior
i played java :|
IndigoDusky
02/15/2021 6:15 pm
history
There is nothing wrong w/ that! (I play both versions!)

I am trying to say that we should not argue all the time. (It happens ALOT) And enjoy the game(s) that work best for you!
HoboMaggot
02/15/2021 12:15 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
And then you have servers like Mineville which Minecraft advertises in the main server list page which require money to unlock a game for you to play.
Also iirc content Mods in Java cannot have microtransactions and Optifine's microtransactions are for cosmetics which is different.
IndigoDusky
02/15/2021 12:25 am
history
I play on Minevile Quite often (Mostly with my friend who only has bedrock) and it is still a lot of fun without having to purchase anything!

I meant paying for a pack or world, to support a person or group. (Kinda like the Marketplace ;D) And I am sure people buy cosmetics for optifine all the time, or they would not be selling them.
TheMcPig
02/14/2021 7:02 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Baconator
I think both versions are great :) Although, it would be nice to have cross play across both platforms.
RealToon
02/16/2021 7:26 pm
There's a mod that lets you do that. I think AntVenom made a vid about it
Some Random Kid
02/17/2021 3:41 pm
Level 26 : Expert Blacksmith
It wasn't a mod
but its possible i guess
ImYourFwend_
02/15/2021 5:40 pm
Level 26 : Expert Warrior
mhm!
Acidpop
02/15/2021 4:07 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Droid
history
i think it is possible with like 2 servers that comunicate with each other
but im not 100% sure
IndigoDusky
02/15/2021 6:13 pm
It is! There are many severs that have cross-play abilities!
02/16/2021 9:07 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
IndigoDusky
02/17/2021 1:46 am
history
I use the same account for both (as I had to give my Microsoft account for Java), and now that I think of that, it is kind of dangerous! Maybe they will~ honestly I don’t know. Well... I guess we will find out as we go XD
IndigoDusky
02/14/2021 7:03 pm
It would be amazing!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome