Is my pvp pack eligible to be a pvp pack, or should i just cancel the development?

StalkerNugget's Avatar StalkerNugget2/13/24 8:20 pm history
2/18/2024 11:06 pm
TsengGames's Avatar TsengGames
There's this pack i made a year ago and released recently, its a pvp pack that elongates the tools with additional design touches while still prioritizing the first person view by shrinking the tool model while the 3rd person view remain 1:1 by scale.

I dont know if the pack i had is even a good idea anymore since you know, pvp packs shrinks the tool and weapon textures while mine just elongates it, which made me think if i should embrace my pack or regret it.

Note:
- Btw, the tools in the picture appear large on item frame on purpose because i made it a 1:1 scale for decorative purposes
- The tool or weapon in first person view or handheld (as the first picture viewed) is shrinked for pvp, and maybe might be eligible because the weapon texture looks skinny while remaining the vanilla enhancement style.

Is this still eligible or should i just cancel the pack?
https://www.planetminecraft.com/texture-pack/better-tools-and-weapons-remastered/

StalkerNugget
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

TsengGames
02/18/2024 11:06 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Whale
This looks way cooler, you should continue
anonpmc4899177
02/14/2024 12:30 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
[deleted]
StalkerNugget
02/14/2024 12:52 pm
Thanks, i'll let you know when the next update comes
ScotsMiser
02/13/2024 11:40 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
Whether or not it 'qualifies' as a pvp pack [Who decides this sort of thing?], the last pic justifies keeping it available simply for those interested in the aesthetic aspects.

[On which 👍 BTW}
StalkerNugget
02/14/2024 1:27 am
Thanks, i wanted to make this pack both for pvp and decorative as planned
tgmmac
02/13/2024 8:54 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
I think it you could consider it a pvp pack, it changes items you would use for pvp. For future development i would definitely focus on golden apples and more stuff people would consider pvp items, but for now i saw it barely fits in the pvp category. I will definitely try it out and probably and an update once I do that!
StalkerNugget
02/14/2024 1:21 am
history
The golden apple retexture would probably be for a different pack project, this pack only focuses on tools and weapons at the moment in a style of vanilla enhancement, more like concepting for something else, thanks for the comment
tgmmac
02/13/2024 10:03 pm
After testing the pack for me it is really nice in pvp, because you get nice high quality looking tools that don't take up your whole screen. I also found its nice for survival; for the same reason. The shield did feel out of place a little for me so in future updates i would recommend working on that. I'm definitely following and think you should keep up the good work!
StalkerNugget
02/14/2024 1:24 am
I guess thats great, at the moment, the shield wont be touched yet, as it would mean the pack has to require optifine since the shield is an entity model, and im striving to make this pack 100% non-optifine for now

Overall, thanks for the test review
tgmmac
02/18/2024 7:26 pm
Ok, I don't know much about making texture packs, but it would be nice to have it optifine free, it feels like every other texture pack requires optifine which is annoying, because in my opinion sodium is better for performance in later versions. Can't wait to see future versions of the texture pack!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome