Changing the "Creative" category for server listing

Aequotis's Avatar Aequotis8/12/15 1:19 pm
9/15/2015 3:24 pm
RezzedUp's Avatar RezzedUp
Hi there,

Currently there is only one option for creative servers, just 'creative'. However, there are two major genres of the creative branch, both being massively different.

What are these two different genres you ask? Plot-world and free-build. Too many servers are misinterpreted at one or the other by members or users of Planetminecraft, thus some wee action needs to be taken.

For those who may become confused, free-build would be a server that is creative in which you can build relatively anywhere, such as in towns. Meanwhile plot-world servers pretty much describe themselves: large worlds with plots for members.

What I suggest is not removing the creative category, as some servers may operate both free-build and plot-world, but create two new categories. This will make everyone's life easier while making the effort of finding the server you want 100% easier.

If this occurs, all creative servers would remain listed as 'Creative' until the owners choose to change their category.

Thank you for reading and I hope you agree!
Aequotis
Level 73 : Legendary Pig

Create an account or sign in to comment.

RezzedUp
09/15/2015 3:24 pm
Level 49 : Master Robot
+Support

Average players only ever expect plots, while builders tend to expect open-world & themed servers. It'll be easier for everybody to find what they're looking for.
Aequotis
08/13/2015 8:06 am
Bump, on the surface this seems to have been generally ignored by staff other than Azie.

:>
Saphoreon
08/12/2015 2:48 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Bully idea, ol' chum.
Masq
08/12/2015 2:23 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Dolphin
This is a very valid idea in my opinion. PlotMe and Free-Build do deserve to be highlighted separately, especially when there are no less than 4 versions of PvP to select from and only the choice "Creative" to cover such a large portion of the game.
oh_wow333
08/12/2015 2:16 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Cookie
Super good idea! . W.
Minecraft Expert
08/12/2015 1:55 pm
Level 73 : Legendary Architect
I totally agree with Aequotis. I've had many players log in to my server believing its a plotworld creative server because of the creative option. We need a variety of creative options on this site so people don't get confused.
Aequotis
08/12/2015 1:48 pm
Indeed Azie, though this process will be a lot easier for those who simply want to jump in and find a server.

- Normally the creative genre is plagued by plot-world servers, thus finding a free-build server can prove quite difficult.

<:
Azie
08/12/2015 1:42 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
This is what using tags on your server is for. If your server is creative and free-build, add a free-build tag when you post it. People searching for that kind of server will be more likely to see yours because of that tag.
R a s c a o l
08/12/2015 1:40 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Architect
I cant not support this
Auradyme
08/12/2015 1:28 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Actually a good idea, I support this.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com