Your opinion on paying youtubers.

SailorsMoon's Avatar SailorsMoon12/2/13 1:27 am
1 emeralds 283 7
12/2/2013 2:57 am
BHIles's Avatar BHIles
Just curious on what is your guys's opinions on paying youtubers to record on your own server.
SailorsMoon
Level 30 : Artisan Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

BHIles
12/02/2013 2:57 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Ninja
Its fine, I will even pay someone if there is anyone out there (pm me)
Charlizard
12/02/2013 2:24 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
A lot of people seem to be ignoring the two viewpoints here: the server owner and the YouTuber.

You can argue that 'the YouTuber needs money' and whatever, but I/you don't know their life situation so you can't hate on them for wanting some more money.

However, a server owner is bribing someone else to give a false review of their server just because they know it will be watched by others. If there is any evil here, it is them. They'll get their popularity off a lie that was created by money exchanging hands. However, it's your server so I don't care what you do - so long as you don't spam it here. Just don't try and brag about how popular your server is if the roots of your popularity come from lies.
AlphaMc111
12/02/2013 2:10 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
In my opinion, If people are willing to pay you, why not take the opportunity. Sure they may get paid by a partnership network, but if people are offering extra why would you let that slide.

On a different note, core fans love to think that they are contributing to the development of their favourite youtubers channel. Even if the money they donate gets blown on something completely unrelated, they still get the satisfaction of being able to help their youtuber.
Azie
12/02/2013 1:55 am
She/Her • Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump Pokemon
I feel it's a bit greedy on behalf of the Youtuber. Profiteering even when you don't need the money instead of making a video on a server because you like doing it doesn't sit right. On the other hand, if you need the money, you need it.
SailorsMoon
12/02/2013 1:43 am
Level 30 : Artisan Pokemon
I'm fine with it and have done it in the past and have profited off of doing so due to the attention brought to my server from the video.
LtSilver
12/02/2013 1:39 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
It's a bit selfish of them to be honest. They already get paid by youtube just to post videos. Any videos. Charging extra is a bit selfish.
LBUlises1
12/02/2013 1:33 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
All i got to say is, you shouldn't bribe people.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome