What's YOUR Opinion on Minecraft PVP

g_r_e_y_'s Avatar g_r_e_y_3/19/24 4:25 pm
3/31/2024 10:41 am
g_r_e_y_'s Avatar g_r_e_y_
I'm g_r_e_y_, I know a lot about 1.8 Minecraft PVP. So I just want to hear some thoughts about your opinion on 1.8 Minecraft pvp

The main focus of this post is whether we should move on to 1.9+ PVP or still make servers stick to normal 1.8 PVP mechanics.

Another focus is what's your opinion on the 1.8 PVP community. Is it too toxic? Are people just sweating?

Share your thoughts!
g_r_e_y_
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/28/2024 4:06 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
It's like two people smacking each other with wet noodles while they're downing monster energy drinks. It's less about skill and who has more god apples bound to their macro mice.
03/28/2024 3:46 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Warrior
KingByChance
I have some space for improvement in PVP, and yes, i do think ppl need to be less toxic.

cuz if you ever PVPed, you probably heard "HAHA EZ" and/or "HACKING HE'S HACKING I'M BETTER"
03/27/2024 3:51 pmhistory
Level 39 : Artisan Mage
Arkaliasus
i dont know about 1.8 pvp but shields are totally broken from as far back as maybe 1.12 or something.

If you put your shield up after someone/skeleton fires an arrow at you, if it's on target then it will ALWAYS hit you, and the same vice versa, if you have your shield up when that arrow fires, it will ALWAYS be blocked... whether you have your shield up or not EVERY time.
03/27/2024 2:03 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
amateurpainter32
I absolutely hate Minecraft PVP. I suck at it no matter how hard I try.
03/31/2024 10:41 am
g_r_e_y_
I'm terrible at Minecraft PVP too. Sometimes I really do rage when I die too many times. If it's not your gameplay style, (of minecraft) then its ok
03/20/2024 6:34 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Hunter
HunterBunny
higher end pvp is goofy in my opinion, especially when it just becomes a battle of who has more golden apples or end crystals
03/20/2024 5:43 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
I don't really pvp, so please don't take my snarky opinion seriously, which is that anyone who finds spam clicking to be a rewarding and fun way to represent sword combat has been watching too much anime.
03/20/2024 5:42 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
Bersek36
I didn’t think that the PvP theme was so developed. Why such a big community? What is the global meaning?

I am not asking to reproach or say that this is not correct. I really don’t understand why there is any interest in fighting each other endlessly. Master the mechanics of pvp, learn how to defend and attack better. Then hone your skills. In the worst case, you download a cheat client to be as invincible as possible. Why all this? What and to whom do you prove or from what do you get interest?
03/23/2024 8:48 pm
g_r_e_y_
After all, I think some PVPers only do it for fun (which is me, in this case)
But yeah, there are some people who really sweat at 129c/ps and can perfectly aim. And also that PVP is just a small part of the multiplayer community too.
03/20/2024 11:21 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
My giuess is that, over time, the pre 1.9 PvP community will contract because the natural attrition of players will not be ofset by new members as all (or nearly all) new players will come into MC via post 1.9 mechanics.

While most of the fans of pre 1.9 PvP are pleasant members of the MC community there ar a few whose stridency in claiming the mechanics change was the end of all things does get wearisome…
[IMO the change shifted the skill set required to be at the top of the heap and it seems unlikely any particular individual would be in the top percentile of both skill sets. Beyond this, many had put considerable time and effort into perfecting a skill that was rendered obsolete by MS/Mj's changes… something that has happened to many other subcommunities as well.
As a comparison: consider the redstoners (successful) pushback on the attempt to grief sticky piston block throw in MC (instead of fixing the problem in BR).]

WRT MC PvP in general, it is not a part of the game in which I take much interest. [​If I want a PvP game, there are plenty available that are designed from the ground up with PvP in mind.]
03/20/2024 4:06 pm
g_r_e_y_
Thanks for the response
And I think your theory about how 1.8 PVP would overtime reduce because of new players is true. Also the thing about actually playing a PVP focussed game is correct cuz PVP is really just a small part of the gamme
03/19/2024 7:06 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pokemon
Apro87
I don't know much about 1.8 PVP community. I didn't even know it had one.
03/19/2024 9:30 pm
g_r_e_y_
Servers like overcast community (NOT SPONSORED) are well, a PVP community. mn
03/19/2024 7:06 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pokemon
Apro87
I think it's a little goofy because it looks like it is blocking when you right click, but you aren't actually.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome