What's your first autofarm in a new world?ballot

ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser10/13/23 5:50 am history
1 emeralds 277 7
12/28/2023 4:28 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
What is the first autofarm (ie AFKable farm) you typically build in a new world?
(Please note the edition if this is important e.g. Iron farms changed greatly from 1.14 on)
ScotsMiser
Level 37 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/28/2023 4:15 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Smile17
I really Like to build farms i often build Chicken and cactus farms, but i hatte building Iron Farm, because the villagers are too stupid. But i have to build an Iron Farm, because i Need IT. Look at my Profile Page.
12/28/2023 4:28 amhistory
ScotsMiser
"… the villagers are too stupid."

I usually reference this as AS [​Artificial Stupidity b/c real stupidity just wasn't stupid enough].

Assuming the main problem is with moving the blighters, minecarts and activator rails are the least troublesome method (particulary for final insertion into trading cells or iron farm pods). If rails are limited, using boats for the long middle part of the trip can help, as can using pistons to push them through nether portals.

EDIT: I looked at your profile page, but am unclear as to for what I was to be looking…
10/15/2023 5:04 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
FlashDragon
Wool
Poor sheeps.
10/13/2023 7:06 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
itswaxyy
iron farm = easy to get full beacon
12/28/2023 4:16 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Smile17
👍
10/13/2023 6:10 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Lego Builder
corv1njano
iron farm always, even if you have full netherite later in the game, iron is a must have for all different kinds of builds. Also in the beginning of a new world iron is important for armor, shield and basic tools
10/13/2023 6:02 amhistory
ScotsMiser
My answer:
Pre 1.14, this would most often be a general mob drop:
  iron and slime farms take quite a while to build and require things (villagers and a slime chunk) that may not be immediately available
  chicken (and most other farms) seem less critical early game.

Post 1.14, iron farms become much easier and move into 1st place IF villagers are readily available….

Vote will be General Mob Drop because of that 'IF'  
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome