What If You Voted For the LAST Mob You Wanted This Year?poll

Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum10/11/23 8:05 pm history
3 emeralds 160 1
10/12/2023 3:25 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
I really don't want to vote this year because the mobs are always so drastically different that comparing them just isn't fair. Somehow they manage to be so different while giving so little information in the reveal trailers, that strong, spiteful factions manage to form among the voters anyways. How else do we get such an implicit bias in the final results?

While I'm not actually participating in the vote approaching in just a few days, I did want to think about an interesting what if scenario. Suppose if, the Mob Vote voters voted for the last mob they would want instead? Just look at what happened when the strongest numbers won the votes of previous years: we got the Sniffer, which does nothing but dig up seeds which can be decorative, but really they're meant for breeding more Sniffers who just repeat the boring cycle. Allays pick up items, but they aren't good at dropping them properly or staying put. Redstone still has them beat. Glow Squids gave us a cool way to decorate item frames and text, but, like the Sniffer, they just don't do anything else.

As for a second point, ask yourself this before voting for your favorite mob, "If this mob sounds so good and could be good, then why doesn't Mojang add it themselves?" Either way, Mojang is going to put minimal effort into whatever mob gets added from the vote, as seen from the other winners, so does your choice really matter? Why not pick the other mob you haven't considered, or just vote on a roll of the dice? You might be surprised by what'll come.

I'm not encouraging anyone to make a specific vote cause I'm not voting anyway as part of my disdain for Mojang. However, this approach could be a nice change of pace and might break the curse of the Mob Vote, the curse which leaves most people furious and wanting to cut each other's throats. If you just make a vote the opposite of what you intend, what's there to be mad about?
Dermugettum
Level 22 : Expert Miner