Predict the most used application of the AutoCrafterpoll

ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser10/25/23 6:09 am
11/30/2023 3:16 pm
OrderWithoutBorders's Avatar OrderWithoutBorders
Assuming the new crafters remain unchanged from the current version, what are the uses to which you think they will be put?

Much of my speculation focuses on compactingthe output of existing auto farms so that they need less frequent attention from players so some uses (like flowers to dyes from a flower farm) don't seem particularly attractive….

Dried Kelp > Dried Kelp Block > some of which feed back to the furnaces to render kelp farms a fully AFKable infinite fuel source

Melon slices > Melons

Ocean monuments:   Auto crafting of Sea Lanterns (possibly with residual Shards sent to block/brick/dark crafters as selected)

Gold nuggets > Gold Ingots > Gold blocks (although sending the ingots to a pigland trade hall may also be popular)

Cane > Paper (possibly with Sugar as a selectable alternative although I don't see much use for Sugar in large quantities)

Iron ingots > Blocks

Slime Balls > Blocks

Honey Bottles > Honey Blocks (possibly with bottles recycled)

Bone Meal > Bone Blocks

Logs > Planks > Sticks > Ladders

That's 10…
If I've missed anything you consider likely to be a common use, please add in comments

Which of the above do you think will be most used?

Poll ended 11/24/2023 6:09 am.

ScotsMiser
Level 37 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/21/2023 1:50 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
RHM77
looking at this i realize its gonna be broken
11/21/2023 4:05 pm
ScotsMiser
Yes, like use of the nether attic and AFK-ing, I can see autocrafting as being another line of division in the player base with many of the same servers that ban the first two adding autocrafters to the verboten list…
11/18/2023 5:02 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Cookie
Liamlegend
Your speculation covers a range of practical and efficient uses for the new crafters. Additionally, here's one more potential use to consider:

Emeralds > Emerald Blocks: Auto-crafting emeralds into blocks could be useful for compact storage and efficient transport of emeralds in large trading hall setups, especially in villager trading systems.

So, with your original list and this addition, you've got a versatile set of potential applications for the new crafters in automating resource processing.
11/18/2023 9:34 pm
ScotsMiser
Yes, the limit of ten options in a poll was quite. . . limiting…

I'd thought of auto crafting emeralds to blocks primarily for raid farms analoglously to compacting iron or slime from those farms.

[​Also just noticed that the 9[sup]th[​/sup] option would have made more sense as Bones > Bone Meal > Bone Blocks as a processor for a skeleton farm.
Hopefully that didn't skew the results too much ….]
11/04/2023 12:48 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
MrBradlerz
I think it will be useful for converting ingots from item sorters/autosmelters into their block form.
10/30/2023 7:52 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Explorer
TorenokRed
I say iron ingots to blocks. Iron farms are relatively easy to make and can fill a double chest fairly quickly.
10/26/2023 9:47 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
OrderWithoutBorders
Without doubt the kelp, although bamboo can be used the same way so bamboo is an option I'd add (wood is just as useful as food: kelp+bamboo = no need for mobs or trees ever).
10/27/2023 1:07 am
ScotsMiser
Very true.

I still think of bamboo primarily as a component for scaffolding or using the dropped bamboo items as fuel, so it didn't make my top ten…
autocrafting into sticks then ladders may have more potential than I'd remebered. (Just now looked up the smelting efficiency of the end product….)
11/30/2023 3:16 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
OrderWithoutBorders
Bamboo is my go-to wood source if I can find it now.
10/25/2023 6:12 am
ScotsMiser
Ugh, I need work on setting up polls… complex choice descriptions don't seem very aesthetically pleasing…
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome