New advancement to achievements Rags to riches

Redlightning64's Avatar Redlightning644/10/24 7:09 pm
4 emeralds 101 3
4/11/2024 10:24 pm
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
Rags to riches advancement/ achievement, to complete it you must equip all pieces of armour including leather, chainmail, gold, iron, diamond, netherite and turtle helmet. feedback.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/25538272580109-Rags-to-riches
Redlightning64
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/10/2024 8:38 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
How would you e see this working mechanically?
04/11/2024 7:08 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Redlightning64
Could it work like the all food eaten achievement/advancement, but with armour equiped so once you equip a full set, it ticks up. Since they can track full set like the cover me in debris achievement/advancement.
04/11/2024 10:24 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
I expect that would work, but what I was asking was not for a possible way of implementing this, but for how you would prefer to see it done…

[Tracking the player equipping full sets (plus another check for the turtle helm) has the advantage of minimizing the number of checks to be made (vs. checking each slot individually for each required piece).]

Something you did not address was whether you envision requiring a specific order (i.e. wearing a full iron set does not advance the advancement unless one has previously ticked the box for a full set of leather). [Note this would be different from the current system where (IIRC) there are no enforced prerequisites.]

I would also suggest making this a "Hidden Advancement" – à la "How Did We Get Here?" simply because of the difficulty of logiaclly depicting 'Rags to Riches' in the advancement trees. ['Cover Me in Diamonds' is in the miincraft tree, while "Cover Me in Debris" is in the Nether tree among other issues. ]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome