My Most Ambitious Projects Yet: Ultimate Skys and Default HDhd

thebaum64's Avatar thebaum6412/25/20 12:05 am history
3 emeralds 118 2
1/1/2021 3:59 pm
thebaum64's Avatar thebaum64
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Hey guys, I posted a little bit recently but I am starting my biggest projects to date, Ultimate Skys and Default HD. I am really happy to share it here with you guys as I know some of you are still in the MC scene outside of services.

Overview

Ultimate Skys:
Ultimate Skys is an add on pack that will make the skies in your game HD with realistic clouds and lighting. This pack works with any other resource pack, just simply add it over the other pack on the selection screen! This pack also causes no lag, none at all, so even the simplest of computers and laptops can use it easily without issue! This pack will vary a lot from my other packs, as it has MANY skies in it. Every area will have a sky that will vary depending on the biomes of Minecraft. So, in the desert at night, you will see the milky way, but while in the mountains you will see clouds and it wont be clear. This resource pack, as the title entails, will be the ultimate resource pack for sky textures. Mine included. This is a large and ambitious project given there are a total of 79 biomes as of 1.16x. Each of these will have a day sky, sunset/sunrise, and a night sky; Making your Minecraft World more dynamic and realistic.

Default HD:
The normal Minecraft experience but in amazing 128x HD! Between a better sky and amazing shadowing, this pack is different from the rest! Gives a shaders feel without the awful FPS drop! I originally created this pack as there was no real/definitive default experience in HD with better shading. This does not just add more pixels like, for example, faithful. This keeps the original style and pixels, just shaded and in HD. Back when I made this back in 2015, it was an instant hit, and I kept it up to date until 1.8 where I then took a hiatus from the community, however, I am back and better than ever and want to give you (the people) what the want and request. So After countless people asking me to update this pack, I am finally doing it. Current build (alpha) is for 1.16x but is not complete. This will be a long project as there is a lot of changes since I was gone.

Pictures: Ultimate Skys:

As you can see, two biomes, both with unique skies for day and night. This is a proof of concept and a good example of what this pack will be in the future.

Trial
There is currently a trial version of Ultimate Skys that is free to download. This is a smaller and limited pack to show the concept of the pack and what it will be in the future. To gain access to full versions and betas you can support below

In the trial, the following biomes are effected:
-Ocean
-Plains
-Desert
-Mountains
-Forest
-Taiga
-Swamp

Pictures: Default HD

Alpha
There is currently an alpha version of Default HD that is free to download. This is a smaller and limited pack to show the concept of the pack and what it will be in the future. To gain access to full versions and betas you can support below

Patreon
With this project I am asking for support via Patreon as it is a very time consuming project and I will need to allocate a lot of time to it. It is obviously not needed but I might as well put it out there for anyone who is interested in supporting me in any way ya know.

Discord
An easy way to show some support without money is by joining the discord server for the project, as I am trying to grow its community so it can get as much attention as possible. You can do so by clicking HERE

Hope to see some of you guys there to support me and this project, would mean the world to me. Thanks for always being there for me when I needed you, it does not go unappreciated.
thebaum64
Level 94 : Overlord Creator