Mob Vote Losers You Miss Mosthow_to_vote

Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum9/29/23 7:12 pm history
10/7/2023 1:39 am
mega7's Avatar mega7
What could've been...one of the biggest questions regarding Minecraft's history of shelved, cancelled, and rejected features. None of these updates or features of course could've had more impact than the mobs.

Which of these mobs do you wish won a vote the most? Feel free to give an f in the comments for your mob.
Dermugettum
Level 22 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

LBoomsky
10/06/2023 12:19 pm
Level 33 : Artisan uwu
i simp for rascal but chillager is best mob ww
scratchcrafter1
10/06/2023 11:13 am
Level 20 : Expert Sus
rascal was the only onei actually voted for, i would also have liked copper golem and barnacle
mega7
10/06/2023 3:03 am
Level 45 : Master Cupcake
-Copper Golem was a W. Maybe the allay is like 10 times more useful. But c'mon we need more golems :>. Despite this it would give the most useless material in the game an extra use.

-Phantoms should go to hell where WildFires could and should've been. Despite not having too much info about it i am 99% sure it would've been better than the phantom.

-I don't think i need to talk about the glow squid or i may get my comment deleted. Just wanna say Iceologer was a way better choice.

- the last mob vote was the least sad for me. I some what wanted the tuff golem more but all of them were fine

- For this mob vote i predicate that the armadillo will 100% win. Even though i like crabs more they sound cooler. But yeah in my opinion penguins are the "glare" of this mob vote.
Dermugettum
10/06/2023 4:32 pm
Copper and tuff are garbage. Both of the golems would have fixed that problem.
mega7
10/07/2023 1:39 am
Level 45 : Master Cupcake
history
That's facts. Maybe for tuff it wasn't meant to be anymore than a building. But for copper. It DIFFINETLY a needed use.
WillowFrog
10/06/2023 2:05 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
The Moobloom is so cuutee, but I just had to choose the Copper golem. I made a Copper Golem statue in my survival world.
Jetra
10/05/2023 2:30 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
history
Moobloom wasn't the best or craziest or even the most useful, but damn if it just wasn't a purely fun concept. I think that is the point when mob votes went from being "add something fun" to "change the meta" trap like so many video games fall into. It's not about adding depth or complexity or even a challenge, it's all about utility for the player.

Minecraft, a game of survival at one point lacks any notion of it. There is no danger except your own ignorance or irresponsiblity. Mobs spawn at light level 0 at a range of 40+ blocks making them practially not a threat so long as you liberally light up an area.

I knew when Copper golem lost, it wasn't about the game anymore. It was about the player and what they want. It's about their world, not the game. You're not impriving the game, you're improving your own experience which may not sound like a terrible thing until you realize that there is no more diversity of opinion. People fear failure, they don't like threats, and they want to not be griefed.

This mob vote just shows how the game has shifted.
Dermugettum
10/05/2023 2:38 pm
I can see that.
DiberTheCheetah
10/01/2023 7:07 am
Level 35 : Artisan Nerd
There are also meerkats, ostriches and vultures
Dermugettum
10/01/2023 10:42 pm
Guess I left out the ones in the "biome" votes. Besides, there wasn't enough room for all of them in the poll.
JohnGlacious
10/01/2023 6:03 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Was honestly pretty sad to hear about Iceologer getting shelved. Easily could've made use of the frost feature from Powder Snow into a proper mechanic of the game instead of just something simply shelved. Could've also brought in a start to new Illager variants similar to the Villager variants, each potentially getting a type of "magical class" in their biomes.

Plains & Swamp Variants - Evoker
Snowy & Taiga Variants - Iceologer
Savanna & Desert Variants - Illusioner
Swamp & Jungle Variants - ??? (Probably some Hunter kind of Illager, uses magic to make passive mobs fight you)

Would give more variety to the game and brought in more fun. Huge hecking reach, but still.
Dermugettum
10/01/2023 10:52 pm
history
Illagers are certainly not closed to another update. They kind of got one in 1.14, but there's still things about them that are too different from the villagers.

For one, I find it weird that Illagers can't even use beds while villagers can, and they still have fake wool beds in their mansion ever since 1.11. They don't have to sleep at night while being vulnerable to player attacks, but I think it would be cool to add a sneak attack feature to Minecraft's combat. A player could sneak up on a sleeping Illager, and as long as they don't make noises like eating, running, or walking much like when avoiding wardens, they can land a critical hit on the Illager. Otherwise, the Illager will be alerted to the player's presence and jump out of bed to attack them.
ScotsMiser
10/01/2023 5:17 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
I cant't honestly say I miss any of them…

…nor does this year's choice [supposedly, based on a Bergensten comment] between "three different cute animals" seem likely to change that.

So little information is available on how each would have worked [eg. what would buttercups have done] that I don't feel I have any meaningful idea on what 'would have been'.

Went with Tuff golem as [assuming (and it's an epic assumption) that it would work somewhat as I expect] it might have been usable as a situationally active RS control…
Yeah, a truely thin [to the point of vanishing] argument.
Dermugettum
10/01/2023 10:45 pm
I still think the Tuff Golem had the most going for it with the little info we had. Like you said, it could have been useable as an active, controllable item display and decoration (if that's what you meant. What does RS mean?)
ScotsMiser
10/02/2023 1:58 am
RS = redstone RSD = redstone dust

I should have just written it out, but old habit & didn't catch it when proofing…
Dermugettum
10/02/2023 2:01 am
Oh, you must've meant the copper golem. That's the one they hinted would interact with redstone. But I could also see the Tuff Golem affecting redstone based on what it's holding, being a relative of the copper golem and all.
ScotsMiser
10/02/2023 2:16 am
No, I meant tuff.
Copper was the random pusher of copper buttons, so I can see the confusion, but the copper golem sounded like it would do this whenever in a loaded chunk…

Based on the description (cribbed from the wiki):
"The tuff golem was a golem that would have been built by the player; if a wool block was included while building it, the tuff golem would have worn a cloak matching the color of the wool block. The tuff golem was described as a statue that would have held and displayed any item, but when it wakes
up, it would have also moved around while either holding an item, or pick up an item if it is not holding one. The tuff golem would have
returned back to the spot that it woke up from before turning back into a statue. The tuff golem was one block tall so players can also stack them."

… I was hoping the "when it wakes up, it would have also moved around… …returned back to the spot that it woke up from before turning back into a statue" might be exploitable based on some of the possible triggers for waking and returning.

This might have allowed creation of a non-random switch based on detecting the waking and returning, as distinct from the 'cow_wanders_into_tripwire' that is currently available.

Rereading the description, the stacking mechanic might (under tha same sort of left-field assumption) also have been expoiltable….
Dermugettum
10/02/2023 2:26 am
history
I like that. I'm glad someone appreciates the potential for such a cool mob. Every time I've heard people calling it nothing more than a "walking item frame" I wanted to cut myself.
Dermugettum
09/29/2023 8:45 pm
I kind of want to know who picked the Moobloom...Not upset or anything, just want to know why.
DiberTheCheetah
10/02/2023 1:12 am
Level 35 : Artisan Nerd
I wanted to pick but didn't have a Facebook account.
Dermugettum
10/02/2023 2:04 am
That was really stupid of them to restrict the earlier votes to social media. Even with the voting in Minecraft Launcher though, the votes still feel imbalanced. I think social media voting should be banned all together cause of the loud voices that could bend the favor towards one mob over the other. Plus, how do we know if some of the voters on Facebook or Twitter even have Minecraft? The Launcher voting method would be more legitimate.
Ghos
09/29/2023 8:00 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Copper golem 4 the win
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome