Minecraft Alpha Community and Support threadpalette

Jetra's Avatar Jetra5/11/21 8:02 am history
5/12/2021 9:17 pm
Jetra's Avatar Jetra
(Mostly placeholder content whilst I add things, but there will be content here. I promise. Also not sure if this is the right place, but I'm sure it could be moved unless that's no longer an ability.)

Welcome, Crafters, to my forum thread dedicated to supporting all things Minecraft Alpha. From showing off screenshots of builds and terrain screenshots to finding ways to break the game, this is the place to come if you're one of the few who have decided to go back in time to an era before Beds, before the End, and before even running.

My interest in the game has come and gone due to being burned out by playing so much though now I have come to the point where I can enjoy it without feeling tired or exhausted giving me a chance to try and create a new community. I miss the days of friendliness and happiness that used to be seen all around even if I got annoyed by the "budder" and "pewds" memes when I first started.

Below are some quick Q&As of the world of Alpha. This thread will change a bit as I wake up, but I would like to get the bare bones of it set up while I can. My hope is to grow an ecosystem that brings back the Modders, Texture Pack creators, and maybe even Skinners. There is still so much potential that can be squeezed out of this game a decade later.

Will there be a Classic or Beta version of this?

Maybe not in the near future and Classic / Indev / InfDev will more likely be added to this area than being it's own separate thing because there isn't that much to it and it would pretty much be just builds and possibly servers. Feel free to post them here, I'm not going to heavily moderate this thread except for people trying to derail this.

Glitches:

- Moving and Jumping while clicking on a chest, furnace, or crafting table will cause the player to retain movement until clicking on the object again in neutral position. (EDIT: You can get this to work by doing it on the same tick)

- You can use your 2x2 crafting window as 4 storage slots

- Sound glitch going down several blocks and stopping.

- Ladders work if you place them on every other block like this

L
x
L
X
L

- Logs will burn forever, sometimes not being consumed when they should.

- Areas will go "darker" than the surrounding terrain. Fix is breaking or placing a block in the affected area.

- Double Redstone doors will always have one door open. Fix is with an inverted switch of some kind.

- Invisible fences at night time (not sure why this happens)

- Clouds have borders (there is no fix other than using an outdated GPU. Not sure if there's a mod)

Side Note: Holy cow, all those icons.

More coming soon....
Jetra
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe