MC Feedback Posts Worth Checking Outfeedback

Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum10/8/23 2:34 am history
3 emeralds 128 2
10/8/2023 8:54 pm
Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum
It's no secret that Minecraft Feedback is the most neglected, most worthless website Mojang has under their jurisdiction. Just what you'd expect from a team that doesn't listen.

Thankfully, there's one feature on feedback.minecraft.net that still works, apparently: the vote button. Below are four posts for requests I've found that could be welcome additions to the game. If you've found any other good gems on the website, share them here!

Honeycomb block should be a "storage" block

Gamerule that removes hunger

Pet hunger (specifically dogs and cats)

No More Mob Votes !
Dermugettum
Level 22 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
10/08/2023 6:42 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Is there any objective evidence supporting this:
"Thankfully, there's one feature on feedback.minecraft.net that still works, apparently: the vote button."

I devotely hope the statement is true, but have accrued too much cynacism wrt MS/Mj not to want objective evidence…
The only addition that appears to have come from the sugestion site I can recall is sticks dropping from leaf blocks; my impression at the time was MS/Mj treats the suggestions as a slush pile (at best) as this was a trivial change (both to code and wrt in-game effect).
[​Ay least they appear to have gotten rid of the 'don't make your suggestion too specific' advice I recall from several years back – that one put me right off…]

As too the listed ideas:

Honeycomb blocks: The suggestion is from 11Oct19 shortly aftyer the Sep19 MineCon preview of the block. This is not encouraging.
For the idea itself, keeping the 4:1 ratio rather than moving to 9:1 [​clay vs redstone] is probably an esaier sell to MS/Mj at this point, but they seem to have gone with the netherwart block implementation.
Not a bad idea, if MS/Mj does actually listen...

Hunger Gamerule: I'm among those who think the hunger mechanic added to the game.
Still more choices are good; the only counter arguments I see are development resources (likely to be minor, especially if the rule just holds the hunger bar at max) and issues that arise if some – but not all – players on a server have access to this…which ought not occur if implemented as a gamerule.

Pet Hunger: Just NO.
Animals hunger {and the related crop spoiling ideas} increase the verisimilitude in a way I do not consider fun.
Similarly, rot for wood and durability for RS components are non-starters.
All of these sorts of ideas push the game too close to 'Paychecks & Paperwork' for my taste.

End mob votes: Not just YES, not just haitch-e-double golfsticks YES, but

supercalifragilisticexpialodocious
YES

These have been done long enough that we ought to be seeing the version that has already been improved as far as MS/Mj is capable…
and
it
does
NOT
cut
the
mustard
Dermugettum
10/08/2023 8:54 pm
Level 22 : Expert Miner
I'm only bringing some of those posts to attention so they can be seen. The website just buries them deep with the countless other posts that come in due to poor moderation. Yes, it may never get the moderators' attention, but it's better to actually boost the suggestions rather than let them die in obscurity.

I wasn't in agreement with the wolf and cat hunger, but rather the food bowl idea in the post. A healing station for these mobs sounds nice.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome