Modding a Datapack

BR43D3NM4N's Avatar BR43D3NM4N12/8/23 5:17 pm
1 emeralds 112 3
12/10/2023 6:04 am
imalittlhigh's Avatar imalittlhigh
So I had a thought. Is there any way that you can mod a datapack to allow it to do things that you normally couldn't do, such as add new blocks or change hotboxes? I am trying to make an updated end datapack and want to add new blocks. However, I know that this isn't possible normally without the use of entities. I want to avoid using entities as blocks to cut down on lag. My computer isn't all that great. I know that I could just mod Minecraft itself, but I prefer to use datapacks because of personal preference and for the convenience of not having to go through third party platforms like forge. If this is possible, could someone please make it or provide the tools for me to make it myself?
Thanks!
BR43D3NM4N
Level 1 : New System

Create an account or sign in to comment.

imalittlhigh
12/09/2023 6:35 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
i mean custom blocks are possible with very little lag: https://www.planetminecraft.com/data-pack/bone-cb-bhex-s-over-named-engine-for-custom-blocks/
But you need a resourcepack for that.
Changing hitboxes is not possible without using additional entities.
Basically if there is no option to change something in minecraft ingame, its gonna be very convoluted (if possible) to change that with a datapack.
My guess is lag wise its best if you try to do what you want to do with resorucepacks and datapacks, that could help you out.
BR43D3NM4N
12/09/2023 9:13 pm
Level 1 : New System
Thanks for the link for custom blocks. Will have to take a look at that. I was just curious if it was possible to make a mod that changes what you can do with datapacks. So instead of modding Minecraft itself, I just change the capabilities of what datapacks can do. Idk if that is possible or not.
imalittlhigh
12/10/2023 6:04 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
i mean i guess that would work, but i dont rly see the use of that, since youd have to make datapacks dependent on that mod (might as well just make a mod tbh)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome