How can I make my own crafting/smelting recipe data packs?

Acerthorn's Avatar Acerthorn5/23/23 4:05 pm
2 emeralds 340 5
5/28/2023 3:16 pm
GrimWitherYT's Avatar GrimWitherYT
Using only vanilla items, how do I edit crafting & smelting recipes and create simple data packs that way?

Most data pack tutorials I've found online try to give me the full rundown of how to make all kinds of data packs. Maybe one day I'll be in the market for them, but for now, I'm content just making my own crafting & smelting recipes.
Acerthorn
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

GrimWitherYT
05/27/2023 8:18 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer
history
Here is a really good website for custom crafting, you can change which type of table your using. It is really easy and simple. Once your done with a recipe you can download it as a datapack and you can just add the rest of the recipes to that folder. If you need more help just ask me.

crafting.thedestruc7i0n.ca/
Bonky7426
05/23/2023 4:25 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Waffle
MCreator is a perfect simple way to do that, you can download it here: Download MCreator | MCreator.
Once you finish the download open it and click new workspace then click minecraft data pack. (forge mods support WAY more but you said data pack) Then fill out the name & other info. Once your new project has loaded (it might take a little) click the green plus sign and click (r) or recipe in the menu that pops up. Then select the *vanilla* items that go where in the crafting slots and what they should craft then luanch on singleplayer or MP server with the green buttons in the top right. (more detailed tutorials on yt)
GrimWitherYT
05/27/2023 8:20 pm
personally this is cool and all but I wouldn't want to download a software just to make a simple recipe datapack, there are plenty of online generators that are super simple and more convenient to use.
Bonky7426
05/28/2023 12:01 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Waffle
well its way simpler and has way MORE abilities than just and online file creator
GrimWitherYT
05/28/2023 3:16 pm
How about no, I already have to many softwares i'm not adding to it. besides this guy literally only needs recipes which the website does.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome