Datapack Dueling Battle!

Maabs's Avatar Maabs1/24/24 7:36 pm
2 emeralds 123 4
1/28/2024 1:47 pm
Maabs's Avatar Maabs
# Hello everyone!

We want to invite those enthusiasts to a group duel of datapack creators.

We are planning to carry out an event where we can have fun and share the development of a project in one week (From 29JAN to 4FEB), and see the result of each of the participants, under the same concept.

All participants will have to create a datapack depending on the assigned objective, with a series of special guidelines to make the challenge more interesting, that is, the project should only have a maximum of 15 .mcfunctions.

If you want to know more, this will be the meeting place for the event:

We will be waiting for you

https://discord.com/invite/sNP6eB5pSY

Maabs
Level 55 : Grandmaster Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

imalittlhigh
01/25/2024 4:27 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
imma be real, that sound fun af.
But the 15 funciton rule is kinda wack, i can make a pack with one mcfunction if i have to, itll just be unreadable to anyone and me after a few days ^^
Maybe limit lines? Or executions per tick or something that makes more sense ^^
Maabs
01/27/2024 6:19 pm
Hiii, thanks for your interest and sorry for the late answer haha. The 15-function rule is only to limit the range of complexity they can reach. I can exemplify it in that someone could spend all day and all week programming the datapack, while another person could spend only 2 hours per day. This way I make sure that pretty much all the datapacks are on approximately the same level of conditions. I also consider that this is more like a kind of challenge for us as datapackagers, it is obvious that we know how to create a good datapack without limiting the number of functions but, will we know how to make a good datapack with a limited number of them?
Kefaku
01/28/2024 7:33 am
Level 42 : Master Nerd
well, the point about complexity is not really valid in my opinion

You can have an unlimited number of things in a single mcfunction file, so there's no limit to complexity. Putting the same amount of functionality into less mcfunction files can even make the code harder to understand and work with, therefore making the development process more complex than without such a limit.

Not that having a challenge is a bad thing, just wanted to point that out.
Maabs
01/28/2024 1:47 pm
hmmm, i get what you mean, i guess you r right, maybe i have to change that rule and find another thing that makes the event challenging. This edition we will work with the 15 mcfunctions thing just to see how things go
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome