Custom Structures Having Problemslive_help

Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum10/22/23 5:25 pm
1 emeralds 157 2
11/6/2023 2:07 am
mega7's Avatar mega7
I've been messing with jigsaw blocks and worldgen packs, but I'm still new to them. As a test, I broke up parts of the Nether Fortress into pieces that could be generated by the jigsaws, and saw how they'd load into a Minecraft world. I've figured out how to prevent the structure from spawning on the Nether roof, but it mostly generates inside terrain instead of out in the open, and they are pretty small.

I'm willing to share the datapack with anyone who'd like to tinker with it and see what the problem is.
Dermugettum
Level 22 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

mega7
11/06/2023 2:07 am
Level 45 : Master Cupcake
Share it to be. I'll check it out. I had a bunch of trouble with jigsaws that i literally learned every problem that could happen with them.
(If i get free time i'll try to check it out and give you an answer)
ScotsMiser
11/06/2023 1:43 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Well I just did a close read of the entry for Jigsaw Blocks for teh first time:

Not what I would call particularly helpful (eg "or until the game decides that the structure is large enough" means HUH?!?)….

I'm not sure an N-fortress generating inside the terrain is problematic (assuming you're trying to duplicate 'natural' generation) as I've seen quite a few fortresses generate more buried than not…

From the wiki page the size seems to be controlled by levels field of the jigsaw block… Are you getting different results with level 7 vs level 0?

Somethings not mentioned:
have you worked out how to control the Y level and how to get the pillars to extend down to solid blocks?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome