Blood Moon threat levelstars

SajNinja_PMC's Avatar SajNinja_PMC12/24/23 3:35 pm
3 emeralds 244 2
12/26/2023 5:06 pm
SajNinja_PMC's Avatar SajNinja_PMC
After playtesting my recently posted Blood Moons datapack (you should play it too if you're gonna vote), I discovered that there are some fairly simple strategies to cheese the entire system. This renders nights of blood moons nonthreatening, and worse, BORING. Since zombies can break into bunkers, you can now just build a bunker in the sky that zombies (and other monsters) can't reach. So I ask all of you, the people whom I am making content for, what you might like to see. Here are the potential options:

Blood moons should be VERY dangerous (how the pack is now)
- They're strong, fast, and dangerous
- Zombies can break a lot of different blocks
- Creepers can explode things impressively, and can do it quickly
- The entire night can be made useless and boring by making a bunker in the sky where the mobs can't reach you.

Blood moons should be CHALLENGING, but not so deadly as to ruin any fun
- Add random buffs to monsters, but not so extreme as to feel nearly impossible
- Zombies break less blocks at a slower rate, and can only break lower-level / weak blocks like dirt and stuff
- Creepers don't explode as severely, and don't do it unbelievably fast
- Players won't be encouraged to make simple sky shelters to avoid all the monsters; by picking the right blocks and playing safe they can have a normal base

If anyone has any suggestions for a combination of aspects between the two, please let me know in the comments. Your ideas are appreciated, and more often than not are implemented.
SajNinja_PMC
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blacksmith