What web/app do you use to make Recourse packs?

Antique's Avatar Antique4/15/24 12:09 am
3 emeralds 111 5
4/20/2024 9:26 am
The Great Magispeller's Avatar The Great Magispeller
Hallo' just wondering, what webs/apps do you use to make Recourse packs (for free) gimme tips and recommendations plz!

(I want to create a recourse pack if your wondering)
Antique
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/20/2024 9:26 am
Level 42 : Master Mage
The Great Magispeller
MS Paint 3D
04/15/2024 7:30 am
Level 30 : Artisan Miner
Cornbread_Alphanumeric
depends on what the specific pack needs. a lot of my packs are json-based, so i use a lot of notepad since it came with my computer (i should probably get something better tho). for textures / skins, i either use ibisPaint X or photopea, depending on whether the texture needs to be drawn or just lightly edited.
04/15/2024 2:31 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
I use mainly GIMP and the PMC Skin Editor; however, the packs I've done have been very low end.

Blockbench also seems to be common (particularly for creating models), but I've only just started to look at this program, so take that with a 'small' grain of salt…

Hopefully some of the more advanced content producers will chime in with advise based on more exrensive experience….
04/15/2024 3:50 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Antique
If it's skin editor then how do you make recourse packs?
04/15/2024 4:02 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
This may be a nomenclature issue as I've still not found a clear distinction between texture packs / data packs / and mods (all of which modify game resources making 'resource pack' a resonable generic).

More specifically, anything that changes the apearance of a current mob (or object for which there is a 'mob skin' like the shield and bed) will include 'skins' as part of the pack…

Torpedo Drowned (drowned reskin) is another sort of example: this had to be a texture pack because the drowned mob uses two layers for its skin, which is not supported by the skin editor. Even so, a fair bit of the work was done in the skin editor as the 3D veiw was quite helpful.
[​Note this is what I meant by a 'low end' pack. Also, learning blockbench would probably cover the sort of work for which I was using the skin editor.]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome