What's the legaility of hosting inappropriate skins on Planet Minecraft... in an archival/historical context?sms_failed

Bugaboo8's Avatar Bugaboo81/23/24 8:42 pm history
1/23/2024 10:13 pm
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
The title explains most of it. I'm interested in making and posting a skin archive onto PMC, and a very few of the skins I have are most likely considered illegal to post on here. (In case you're wondering why kinds it is, it's specifically explicit male nudity, a few ones that are extremely revealing male characters, and one that's a WWII reference to a certain infamous Austrian.)

But what I'm wondering is that if it's okay to post them in the context of preserving old skins? I can understand if that doesn't give it the leeway for it to be okay, but I just want to know beforehand, so that I can censor them, exclude them, or something. And if they are allowed in this context, if there's anything else I need to do to make it okay.

If anyone has an answer to this, be it staff or someone else, then please let me know!
Bugaboo8
Level 37 : Artisan Sweetheart

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MyZia
01/23/2024 9:17 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Network
Hitlers are NOT OKAY.

ScotsMiser
01/23/2024 10:13 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
history
At least two of these [​The Iron Hitler & th eFake Hitler directly above it] I'd not have associated with the Austrian watercolorist wannabe without the prompt of the lable…

👍 on asking before doing
Bugaboo8
01/23/2024 9:20 pm
history
that's weird, then why are you showing a image of multiple of them? are you trying to be sarcastic or something? I'm confused.
MyZia
01/23/2024 9:30 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Network
The conversation below stated these style skins are a no-go, yet they have some from as recent as a few months ago. Yes, its sarcasm.
Drzzter
01/23/2024 9:38 pm
They/Them • Level 74 : Legendary Vampire Prince
Old ones are grandfathered in, new ones have escaped our notice. We're not omniscient. If you spot one that's been uploaded recently, particularly if it's done in a way that promotes hate, please report it instead of hijacking someone elses' forum thread. Thanks.
Drzzter
01/23/2024 8:57 pm
Hi.

Skins featuring explicit nudity, male or female are not appropriate to be posted here. "Revealing" characters are dependent on whether genitalia are present/overall "vulgarity" if that makes sense. Hitler skins are a no-go.

An issue with what you're doing is that you can't post skins that you did not make, regardless of whether or not it's for preservation purposes. We have rules against content theft, and that applies whether or not you provide disclaimers that you did not create the content that you're posting.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. You can DM me if you'd rather ask in private.
Bugaboo8
01/23/2024 9:05 pm
history
Ok thanks! I had a feeling it wouldn't have been allowed anyway, so I just wanted to make sure. My only other question is that I'm wondering if posting skins for preservation purposes is allowed for skins that haven't been posted anywhere on accessible skin sites or similar things before. I'm guessing that isn't allowed though.
Drzzter
01/23/2024 9:13 pm
history
That would still run afoul of our rules regarding posting "original" content, yeah.

4 Submissions

Do not

• Steal / Modify / Plagiarize work by others. Only post content you personally created. If posting transformative "Fair Use" work, seek permission from the original author and include credit.
I know you're doing it for a noble cause, but we can't make exceptions to the rules based on intent. It creates a slippery slope situation which blurs the lines of what's allowed and what's not. "allowed for skins that haven't been posted anywhere" sounds OK when you're talking about an ancient skin from the ye olden days of Minecraft YTers, but that allowance would apply to things like my personal collection of private skins that I don't share with others, and I would not want people posting those without my permission.

If you want to preserve old skins, I would recommend doing it off-site and sharing them privately with your friends.
Bugaboo8
01/23/2024 9:16 pm
history
ok understandable. can I at least have the ability to view the deleted pages privately or something? they had some important info I need.
Drzzter
01/23/2024 9:39 pm
Sure. I'll set them to disabled status so you can access them freely, but please don't reset them to live status.
Bugaboo8
01/23/2024 10:05 pm
alright, thanks! That's a cool feature, didn't know that was a thing.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome