Has anyone else received this message, and is it legitimate? (supposed Minecraft TOS violation for distributing maps)

Red_Medic's Avatar Red_Medic1/7/24 3:10 pm history
3 emeralds 176 3
1/7/2024 11:03 pm
Drzzter's Avatar Drzzter
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received this message today and am suspicious of the fact that it was a PMC private message from another creator instead of an official notice. Has anyone else received this message or have any information?
Red_Medic
Level 35 : Artisan Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Drzzter
01/07/2024 11:03 pm
They/Them • Level 74 : Legendary Vampire Prince
history
No, it's not legitimate. The user in question is trying to intimidate you into taking your content down. They are not affiliated with Microsoft/Mojang, and if they were they would have to reach out through the appropriate channels, and not by private messaging our members. Feel free to trash that DM and ignore it.

I'm going to remove the image from your post so that flaming is not directed toward the member in question. Please keep in touch with me privately if they continue to harass you.
ScotsMiser
01/07/2024 10:26 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
I can't find a bio or wikipedia entry for a 'Simon Wilka' [and the facebook page that does appear does NOT look like a corporate employee account ]

Additionally searching Utub for "minecraft usage guidelines" within the past month showed nothing: were MS/Mj on the warpath against maps, I would expect utub to be exploding with reaction.

Aside from what DoctorValeyard2150AD noted, I would expect PMC itself would be getting takedown notices…

I'd be inclined to forward this to MS/Mj as they might be interested in someone representing themself as working for MS/Mj…
DoctorValeyard2150AD
01/07/2024 3:12 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Crafter
probably a scam. like you said, i think mojang would probably not contact you in this way
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome