Feature Request: Image Uploading

Ender Sparkle's Avatar Ender Sparkle1/13/24 4:16 pm history
3 emeralds 171 9
1/14/2024 2:16 pm
CrownDeluxe's Avatar CrownDeluxe
Welcome, I have a request.

So we all know that we can upload images into text by clicking "Add Image" and posting the URL of the image or YouTube video. The only exception of this are Blogs, which are able to handle images from your device. So I kindly ask to implement that feature into comments, descriptions etc.
If there is a solid and understanable reason why it cannot exist on the site, I suggest adding a new feature: Images section! This probably has more "bad potential" than the first variant of the suggestion, but you could upload your images in the images section, then use them freely in your replies and basically anything else. Of course the images wouldn't be entirely private - they would have drafted vision.

I write this late at night, and I need to start working on today's part of my daily project lasting an entire year. I'm just tired of "draft abortion" method of posting our images, and here's how it works (please don't delete this loophole, at least replace it with my suggestions):
1. Make a blog
2. Put your image here
3. Draft it
4. Use the image somewhere on PMC
5. Delete the blog

Keep in mind that is just a suggestion. If you disagree with my idea, please include in reply a reason why this happens. I would love to see my idea get realized, but everything is up to you, admins.

Have a nice day/night,

E.S.
Ender Sparkle
Level 39 : Artisan Enderdragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Palaeos
01/14/2024 12:19 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Its not up to the mods, its up to the admins who develop the site, us mods only have minimal input on stuff like this. At best we get a first look at things or have more direct access to the admins for presenting ideas, however we can tell you either due to inside knowledge or potenitally due ot being here long enough to know on why something might not happen.

In this instance us not having site wide image hosting is because it takes space, and we are ultimately not a file hosting site. We do minimal hosting of files for what Cyprezz has decided was necessary but I know there have been places like chat that once had the ability to have images posted that no longer do either because of the fact that it takes space and therefore resources that could be used elsewhere on the site, or because of moderation issues (like chat) where it just wasnt worth the effort to monitor for the small benefit it gave.

I doubt the exploit you are using will be fixed but it doesnt mean it is okay to continue doing so, instead upload to sites whose purpose is to host images like imgur and then link those here for what you are doing. You dont need an account to use imgur and is fairly reliable. Imgur started as an image host site for reddit before becoming its own separate thing, its what it was made for. Keep in mind moderators can still see anything you post as a draft, even if you delete it or never make it live, we just have to look for it specifically.
ThatOneIdiotNamedGhoul
01/14/2024 12:12 am
Level 39 : Artisan Sus
Ticket..? Open one?
Ender Sparkle
01/14/2024 12:17 am
How?
Palaeos
01/14/2024 12:25 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
ScotsMiser
01/13/2024 7:28 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Congrats on discovering the 'blog-hole' 🥂

I don't see why this would have much advantage over using an external image host (e.g. Imgur)…
…one still needs to upload teh image to one place, then copy the link to where one wants it.

[Even if the link from the deleted/draft blog remains viable for potential future use.]
JustaFlqmingo
01/14/2024 12:36 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Birb
yes, however, it's still not right
CrownDeluxe
01/13/2024 4:27 pm
Level 43 : Master Lemon
I recommend making a ticket for this
it's much more likely to get looked at by the devs
Ender Sparkle
01/14/2024 12:06 am