Trying to play 1.3.2 results in instant crash upon launch.

Jammin_'s Avatar Jammin_6/1/22 11:22 pm
1 emeralds 589 5
6/9/2022 11:54 am
Jammin_'s Avatar Jammin_
Why I'm playing such an old version is irrelevant.

I just need help getting 1.3.2 to not crash.

I also do not use any mods.

crash report:

Minecraft has crashed!
----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game
This error has been saved to C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2022-06-01_23.21.42-client.txt for your convenience. Please include a copy of this file if you report this crash to anyone.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT e22722d0 --------
Generated 6/1/22 11:21 PM

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2
- Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
- Java Version: 1.8.0_51, Oracle Corporation
- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 223977488 bytes (213 MB) / 268435456 bytes (256 MB) up to 2147483648 bytes (2048 MB)
- JVM Flags: 8 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M
- LWJGL: 2.9.0
- OpenGL: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GL version 4.6.0 - Build 27.20.100.8854, Intel
- Is Modded: Very likely
- Type: Client
- Texture Pack: Default
- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:78)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:97)
at ak.a(SourceFile:56)
at ak.a(SourceFile:91)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:250)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:516)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
--- END ERROR REPORT 4e2182e8 ----------

Jammin_
Level 27 : Expert Procrastinator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

icephantom
06/03/2022 9:11 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
It would appear that you are using the Vanilla launcher for Minecraft. Unfortunately, this launcher does not support some earlier versions of Minecraft without a fair bit of tweaking.
Having looked at the comments, java 8 (I'm using build 221) runs all versions of Minecraft back to at least alpha 1.2.6 through to MC 1.16.x. I can say that because I use all MC versions covering that range without issue (even modded).
The issue is highly likely to be your launcher. If you know how to edit the .json files in the vanilla launcher with all the appropriate settings, then by all means have a go at that. I gave up on the Vanilla launcher many years ago because of how much manual intervention the user needs to do to get things going, so I wouldn't know the setting to use today.

No one likes changing to an unfamiliar launcher, especially one that they might think could compromise their minecraft account, the launcher I changed to is MultiMC, which can be found here : https://multimc.org/
It has no adverts and will not compromise your minecradft account. It is also very easy to set up multiple instances for almost any version of minecraft, young and old, and is great for vanilla or modded use.

When you open up MultiMC for the first time, it'll set up some java settings and after that, you will be at the blank MultiMC screen, just right-click in the white area, choose 'create instance', scroll down the list of possible minecraft versions to the right, give the instance a name (toward the top of the window), click ok and the instance will appear in the MultiMC window, now just double-click to launch it. First time you run the very first instance, it'll ask you to set up your account (MultiMC does not allow its use if you haven't purchased the game). Once set up, it won't ask you again, and away you go.
The PolyMC launcher mentioned below is a fork of MultiMC, but I've never used it. GDLauncher, I've never used so I am unable to coment on either of these launchers. Anyway, if you want to play old versions, and you don't want to have to worry about a manual setup with .json files, then consider a change of launcher.
Jammin_
06/09/2022 11:54 am
Level 27 : Expert Procrastinator
I am incredibly sorry for not replying in the past.

Thanks a ton for your help. It works now.
xenriot
06/02/2022 9:35 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Pokemon
In my honest opinion, you can attempt and install the old Java SE Runtime Environment 7 and see if it works using that one instead of Java 8 one. I think the last SERE 7 version was 7u80 - you can find it on the oracle.com website.

If that doesn't work then you can try a different launcher.
Schmuvius
06/02/2022 9:05 am
Level 1 : New Miner
There's a problem with some older versions in the standard launcher.
It should work with GDLauncher or PolyMC.
PaintsplattersMC
06/01/2022 11:58 pm
Level 40 : Master uwu
send the file This error has been saved to " C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2022-06-01_23.21.42-client.txt "

Also possibly due to 1.3 might not support java 8
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome