[HELP;1.7.10] Recommended resource pack not working/download

babbajagga's Avatar babbajagga8/25/14 4:38 pm
1 emeralds 346 5
9/9/2014 7:47 pm
siorsin's Avatar siorsin
Is it possible at all? If yes, how please?
I thought it is some easily googleable stuff... but damn it seems to be some TOP SECRET... O_o

Could please someone enlight me WTH?

I have a resource pack
I have a direct download link for it (from curseforge)
I have the server running fine and smooth
I have put the rp dl link into the server.properties file
When I joined the game at localhost the Recommended RP download pop-up showed up, giving me the choice of hitting YES or NO to dl the pack.
I have clicked Yes, ... game loaded... nothing happened.
Nothing was downloaded.
I cleared my rp folder, in case that I had that pack already... re-joined the server... no pop-up showed and I just got into the game with the default pack O_o

BTW.: How to reset the rp check upon the logging to server?

*** additional info ***
I was able to run the server with a recommended resource pack, with success... but... I don't get it...

I have 2 versions of my resource pack...
- Full edition with near full support of MCPatcher features (animations, betterskies, random mobs, colormaps, lightmaps, etc.)
- Lite edition, which is basicaly exactly the same rp, except there are all just basic stuff (no animations except of blocks that are animated by default in mc, no random mobs, better skies, ctm, etc. nothing...)

both of the packs have same new sounds added, both of them are same HD resolution (64px) and both of them are using HD Fonts (MCPatcher feature)... as said above, the only difference is the rest of mcpatcher features and the full edition has some additional folders within the pack (for alternative textures)

The Lite Edition was working but only via the mediafire direct link
When I used curseforge direct link, it did absolutely nothing...
The Full Edition works with none, no matter if curseforge or mediafire direct link O_o

WHAT the 'Eck is wrong, please? O_o

Any explanation is highly appreciated.
babbajagga
Level 57 : Grandmaster Procrastinator