SOLVED: Player's can take stuff from pots in adventure mode.

Tim355's Avatar Tim3551/29/22 12:32 pm history
4 emeralds 1.1k 4
3/23/2022 7:00 pm
SUPERIONtheKnight's Avatar SUPERIONtheKnight
I'm making a map where I use a lot of pots with plants as decoration. The problem is that players can take the stuff from the pots which I don't want. I had a similar thing with paintings (that they could be broken) but I fixed that by adding the Invulnerable:1 NBT to them. However pots are a block so that can't be the solution. Help please?

-Tim
Thanks for the answers, invisible slimes seems like a good solution!

Although I also found a solution involving falling blocks but it's way more complicated.
Tim355
Level 1 : New System

Create an account or sign in to comment.

SUPERIONtheKnight
03/23/2022 7:00 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
I actually have a solution for this: Slimes!!! Basically you can summon an invulnerable slime with NoAI so it doesn't move, make sure it's invisible and on top of the flower pot, and voila! :)

NOTE: I don't know what version of the game you are currently using, so I'll assume you are using 1.18.2 as that is the latest version. I'm also not actually sure how much lag slimes cause on larger scales as I actually haven't tested it. I have used it before though, and at least on smaller scale builds, it doesn't seem to make that much of an impact.

Commands: Type them in chat with cheats enabled
/gamerule commandBlockOutput false
/give @s minecraft:repeating_command_block{BlockEntityTag:{Command:"effect give @e[type=minecraft:slime,tag=stopPotItemRemoval] minecraft:invisibility 5 0 true",auto:1b}}
After typing those two commands, you should be given a repeating command block with an invisibility command inside. Place this wherever you want, although spawn chunks would be ideal so that the command block will remain loaded.

Now stand on whatever flowerpots you want to disable and type the following. :)
/execute align xyz run summon slime ~0.5 ~-0.1 ~0.5 {Tags:["stopPotItemRemoval"],NoAI:1b,Size:0,Invulnerable:1b}
That should be it! You should now be unable to remove whatever flowers you have in your flowerpots!

NOTE: You can kill the slimes in creative mode, but not in survival/adventure mode. Also make sure that you put the flowers in the pot before running the above commands.

If you need to kill some of your flowerpot slimes within a 10 block radius, that can be done with the following:
/kill @e[type=minecraft:slime,tag=stopPotItemRemoval,distance=..10]
Hope that helps! :)
QuinnBitz
02/03/2022 1:53 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
history
hmm the painting thing is actually quite useful, I wonder if you can like have it as item form too like itemframes.
I forgot the specific NBT, I think it was something like: BlockData

but for flower pots I don't know how to prevent them from taking it.
you could use invisible armour stands to block the players from right-clicking
I am pretty sure they cant add/remove items if you make the stand invunerable.

but using armour stands is a bit tricky since they can be a bit laggy if you have a lot.
and also of course you need to align the stand so they can't click the flower pot.
The_Glittering_One
01/29/2022 7:06 pm
Level 43 : Master Dragon
Try protecting your pot stash with GriefPrevention or the like.
Tim355
03/23/2022 11:46 am
Level 1 : New System
It's a single player map, no plugins sadly.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome