Making a 1.20.4 music pack and its not working [Solved]

GhostyToastie's Avatar GhostyToastie3/9/24 12:14 am history
1 emeralds 338 6
5/13/2024 11:35 am
sniffercraft34's Avatar sniffercraft34
So basically, I've been working on am music pack for 1.20.4 Java and for some reason Random music tracks don't work [​some do some don't its entirely random] so it just uses the default music they are ALL ogg files and the file paths are correct NONE of the menu music works and I really don't know what is happening and I can't find anything about anyone having this issue.

My best guess is that maybe the tracks have to be a certain length? which I never heard of, but I really don't know what else it could possibly be.
If someone knows what can possibly be going on, please help!!
GhostyToastie
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

sniffercraft34
05/13/2024 11:35 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cookie
What is the pack? Maybe I could help you!
margaretlmaher
03/11/2024 4:55 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
history
Hello! I'm scratching my head over this one, but I have a hunch. Could it be something to do with the length of the tracks? I've never heard of that being an issue, but at this point, I'm willing to explore any possibility. Regarding listening to music tracks, I want to recommend an excellent service. I enjoy music in my free time.
Cornbread_Alphanumeric
03/09/2024 3:11 am
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
are you just replacing the vanilla music files? if so, you might be using the wrong filenames, since mojang changed half of them in 1.20.3 and didn't put it on the changelog. all the music by c418 now uses their official titles as their filenames instead of being 'generic' (for example, calm1 is now 'minecraft', calm2 is now 'clark', etc.)

that being said, i would personally make a sounds.json file so i could freely distribute the music across the game however i'd like*, instead of being limited by having to find new files to replace every time. sounds.json is one of those files that merges its information between resource packs, so you wouldn't need to include the whole thing.

*(of course, i also play bedrock edition, so my options for music distribution are significantly less limited by the biomes vanilla has decided should share music, but that doesn't mean this file is useless in java edition.)
GhostyToastie
03/09/2024 3:46 pm
history
Yes, i am just replacing all the vanilla music files.

Where would I find the new names c418 's music? Because I cannot find anything about that anywhere :/

Thank you for responding Btw!!
Cornbread_Alphanumeric
03/09/2024 10:29 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
the wiki's page on music has a section on filenames. bedrock edition still uses the old names, so you can just compare those. they're also just the official titles written in snake_case, so if you know those, you're basically set.
GhostyToastie
03/10/2024 1:22 am
TYSM
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome