How to play maps from really old versions (1.4 - 1.7) without the game crashing?help_outline

Chelle_Lixir's Avatar Chelle_Lixir6/27/21 3:25 am
6/27/2021 11:14 pm
Chelle_Lixir's Avatar Chelle_Lixir
Hello!

I've been exploring builds downloaded here on PMC and so far it's been a great experience!

However, I've encountered an issue when it comes to loading maps from very early version of the game. Specifically, the maps I'm having issues loading/playing properly are these from Circleight:

I would normally make an attempt to reach out to the creator, but unfortunately she passed away last year. Her work is phenomenal and I was really hoping to be able to explore these older builds - but it seems earlier versions of the game are pretty unstable.

I've installed and launched version 1.10 successfully and was able to explore one of her newer maps just fine.

I've been able to launch version 1.8 of the game with no issue, but it does not load either map properly. The terrain is just pitch black.

I tried installing and launching versions 1.4.2, 1.4.4, and 1.5.2 - but all three immediately crash after the Mojang logo screen.

If anyone can help me figure this problem out, I would really appreciate it!

It saddens me that I've only recently discovered this creator's work, and I would hate it if her builds could no longer be explored due to older versions of the game being unplayable.
Chelle_Lixir
Level 16 : Journeyman Cupcake