Solved: How to make Minecraft shaders???

Tim355's Avatar Tim3552/10/24 4:31 am history
3 emeralds 245 4
2/12/2024 5:10 am
g1azzo's Avatar g1azzo
I swear there's like no info about this online. To clarify, I mean the shaders in the Minecraft resource packs, like when you spectate a mob, not the optifine shaders.

I've seen some maps change the shaders in Minecraft resource packs to create cool effects in their maps (for example parkour Apocalypse by blueman). I've googled online and even asked chat for but no one seems to know how they work or how to change them.

If you know of any resource, please let me know!
Tim355
Level 1 : New System

Create an account or sign in to comment.

g1azzo
02/12/2024 5:10 am
Level 1 : New Miner
I've been interested in learning shader coding. I love Minecraft and I have several ideas for shaders I'd like to try. I've installed MineForge, coded a few mods. But looking through mods and sample code hasn't given me a good place to start learning and playing with writing shader code, how to hook them in or how to set them up in Minecraft. Is there a good video or sample code or tutorial that can point me at a good starting place for 1.12 shaders? Thanks!
HoboMaggot
02/10/2024 5:34 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
history
Making vanilla shader packs which do what you're describing (or in general) are incredibly hard. You will need a good background in maths, specifically for 3D vectors, matrices and linear algebra

Here is a good general resources on shaders (they pretty much all work the same way, minecraft just allows usage of certain effects)

Once you've finished with the basics and the how to, here are some resources with shader examples
All the minecraft resources are made by people who are basically pioneers for datapacking/command blocking.
If you need more help, dont hesitate to ask the r/MinecraftCommands discord server
Tim355
02/10/2024 6:24 am
Level 1 : New System
Thanks, the vanilla shader resource seems especially useful! How did you find these?
HoboMaggot
02/11/2024 6:01 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
I was definitely not part of the r/MinecraftCommands community
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome