Help with a supposedly corrupt world!

Darkfap's Avatar Darkfap5/17/23 12:30 pm
5/20/2023 6:58 pm
Darkfap's Avatar Darkfap
So, I have a world that I can play, but it lags a lot and whenever I leave, the game softlocks on the saving world screen, and doesn't save anyways. Any tips on how to fix it? I've already tried to delete all the datapacks, and optimize it, but it still hasn't worked. Also, I can't make a backup.
Darkfap
Level 44 : Master Procrastinator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/19/2023 8:05 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman System
GalaxiumNation2
how old is this world?
05/19/2023 8:08 pm
Darkfap
1.17.1 was when I created it I think...
05/19/2023 8:14 pm
GalaxiumNation2
was this a progressive thing, like did you notice anything abnormal before this started?

How many hours, if you know, have you played this world?

What kinds of data packs were you using and how were they used?
05/19/2023 8:38 pm
Darkfap
No, not really, I think I know what the problem is, but it's not really something I can fix easily. I've got a huge mass of portals at one part and the game decides to stop working when I get there.

Probably a day or two.

Mostly TCC and Vanilla Tweaks.
05/19/2023 8:49 pm
GalaxiumNation2
if you want you can sent me the world via dm and I can try to see if I can load it and help troubleshoot
05/19/2023 8:43 pm
GalaxiumNation2
Try using Optifine (unless you're already using it)
If the portals are the cause Optifine should make it load
05/19/2023 8:49 pm
Darkfap
I always use Optifine... Also I tried to get rid of the portals using /fill, and It didn't work.
05/19/2023 5:19 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Papa Enny
did you try to backup and update or downgrade your mc
05/19/2023 8:09 pm
Darkfap
Didn't work.
05/19/2023 7:10 pm
Darkfap
I'll try downgrading...
05/17/2023 2:18 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Bear
Silabear
Maybe check the game output logs when you try to make a backup.
05/17/2023 2:13 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
TraoX_
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your world. Corrupt game worlds can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can try to potentially resolve the problem:
  1. Ensure you have the latest version: Make sure both your game client and the world you're playing are up to date. Updates often include bug fixes that could address the lag and saving issues.
  2. Check your computer's performance: Lag can sometimes be caused by insufficient system resources. Close any unnecessary programs running in the background and consider lowering your game's graphical settings to improve performance.
  3. Try running the game in a different environment: If you're using mods or addons, try disabling them temporarily and see if the lag persists. Alternatively, create a new world without any mods to see if the issue still occurs. This will help determine if the problem lies with the world itself or with external factors.
  4. Repair game files: Some game launchers have options to verify and repair game files. Use these features to ensure that all game files are intact and not corrupted.
  5. Contact Mojang Support: If you've tried all the above steps and the problem persists, consider reaching out to Mojang Support directly. They can provide further assistance and help troubleshoot your specific issue.

Regarding the inability to make a backup, it's important to regularly back up your world files as a precaution. If you're unable to create a backup directly within the game, you can manually copy the world folder from your game's directory to another location on your computer.

Remember to always make a copy of your world before attempting any fixes, as some troubleshooting steps may potentially cause further issues or data loss.
05/17/2023 7:15 pm
Darkfap
1. Check
2. Shouldn't be a problem. The memory is somewhat high, but I usually can still close a world with lots of lag.
3. Tried that earlier, I'll try without Optifine.
4. How?
5. I'm too socially insecure to call someone.
05/17/2023 1:15 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Procrastinator
yogurt_the_lizorb
Are you on bedrock or java?
05/17/2023 7:12 pm
Darkfap
Java.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com