What are your favorite memories from 2016?

Havingfun_ISKEY's Avatar Havingfun_ISKEY12/31/16 10:05 pm
1/2/2017 11:37 am
Tornado Shark's Avatar Tornado Shark
Ah, 2016...uh...oh boy, yeah...this was a...really...*cough*...interesting year.

Looking back, it's kind of ironic how much negativity there was in last year's thread I made (you can read it here) and how people seemed to think that things couldn't get any worse after 2015, and then...we got 2016. Whether it be politics, terrorism, celebrity deaths, or personal life issues, 2016 has gotten pretty infamous for being a really unfair year for most.

Not to say that it was all bad, though. It would be easy to list off every single thing I felt went wrong this year (and it would likely be longer than this forum post itself), but I want us all to take a break from all of the real-world stress for a while and focus on some of the good things. Just like last time, it can be PMC-related or not, you choose.

As for me, 2016 has been possibly the biggest year in terms of self-discovery for me, in both good and bad ways, but some of the definite good things are becoming a judge, my family hosting a foreign exchange student, and going to the top of the Sears/Willis tower (even though it was a five-hour wait -.-).

Have fun and keep the comments civil.
Havingfun_ISKEY
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Tornado Shark
01/02/2017 11:37 am
Level 23 : Expert Fish
While everyone hated 2015, 2015 was probably the best year of my life. I can't think of a single think I liked from 2016, nearly all the youtubers I loved in 2015 I don't like anymore (because they changed, not me, guiz) Me and my friend made a youtube channel, which I had loads of fun with (which now is dead, since we can't get together as often) A couple of retreats I went to, were really fun, and we did more things, but this year did less things and I actively disliked (and so did the other people at the retreats) there was a field behind my house which is now a neighborhood, I got a new computer last year (which is starting to go kaput, obviously) my whole extended family was here last year for Christmas, and 3 were missing this year.

This year just kinda sucked for me :/
AdminCasey
01/01/2017 10:48 pm
Level 24 : Expert Pokemon
1. Won Best in IT, Outstanding in All subjects

2. Sponser Yamaha for Pokemon Village and My trip to Korea blog

3. Got Distinctions in everything

4. Putting me in Contest Judge for 2017

5. Receive my pet named Pikachu.

6. Playing Pokemon Go

7. Dislike Sonic The Hedgehog ( Prepare for Pokemon Go )

8. Like Pokemons ( Including Pikachu )

9. Play Piano as an after school activity

10. Won S$500

That's all for my memories in 2016
Joseph
01/01/2017 4:16 pm
Level 48 : Master uwu
Well, for me it would be this...
WARNING: contains extremely controversial content

:>

pleasedon'thurtmepleasedon'thurtmepleasedon'thurtme
Myra_
01/02/2017 11:04 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
this basically

oh also I went to comiccon, that was epic
Karrfis
01/01/2017 2:19 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
my favorite memory was when i left college and we were all told that we would really quickly get into work with the qualifications we got, now 8 months on and im still in my bedroom
Torrum
01/01/2017 2:10 pm
Level 24 : Expert Toast
For me, the greatest thing in 2016 was developing a strong and caring friendship with my best friend.

I know that sounds really cheesy, but I cant lie, that really was the best thing.
Zatharel
01/01/2017 12:39 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Let's see...

On a personal note:
-I met a lot of interesting people.
-I listened to insane amounts of music.
-I wrote a few things.
-I had a relatively successful semester

On a global note:
-A new Golden Age of music has arrived, and from the looks of it, will continue in 2017.
-A meme became the POTUS.
AnimeFanFTW
01/01/2017 5:02 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
Personally, I think 2016 in general has been alright. While yeah, plenty of bad things happened this year, there has also been lots of positives. Saying 2016 was the "an infamous year" is kinda not true. Imma list examples.

-Tiger, Manatee and Panda numbers are growing
-World crime as a whole has declined
-Massive strides have been made for finding a cure for Alzheimers
-The Ozone layer is repairing itself
-It was the year of the underdogs in sports. Cronulla Sharks won their first ever NRL title since joining the NRL 50 years ago, the Western Bulldogs won the AFL title after a 62 year drought, and the Chicago Cubs won the MLB title for the first time in 108 years.
-The Deadpool movie happened
-Pokemon Sun/Moon, one of the best Pokemon games ever made, happened.
-The "We Are Number One" meme helped fund the actor who played the character recover from cancer.
-Leo finally won an Oscar.

Plenty of good things happened in 2016.

As for me, 2016 has been meh. Not alot of things happened to me. I got into a course of Individual Support, and Aged/Disability Care, so I would say 2016 for me has been good.
AdminCasey
01/01/2017 12:12 am
I am an ADMIN
AdminCasey
01/01/2017 12:10 am
I prepare for Grade 6 for 2017 but unfortunately I Died
HannahLikesCats
12/31/2016 10:49 pm
Level 44 : Master Robot
Here's a list of my greatest/favorite memories from 2016 that I can name off the top of my head-

• Graduated high school
  • Enjoyed a last hoorah with all 65 of my classmates at Six Flags
  • Marched for the final time with my band friends at Cedar Point
  • Won a music scholarship
  • Won another music award
  • Received a $75k scholarship for the university I am currently attending
  • Was offered a combined total of $125k from all 4 universities I've applied to (note: total rough estimate, i don't remember exactly how much i was offered off the top of my head)
  • Finished my first semester of college without dying or failing a class.
Azie
12/31/2016 10:38 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
I've got through a lot of crap this year. This isn't my favorite memory because it's a happy one, but it's the one I'm most proud of.

In August of this year, I had started a job at Wendy's. The anxiety and fear of failure/disappointing my co-workers was crippling and I spiraled into a major-depressive episode. I made my own doctor's appointment and sought treatment without any help, even getting myself to my own appointments. That's huge. A year ago I had trouble even overcoming the anxiety that came with thinking about getting into the driver's seat of a car, let alone driving somewhere, even if that was across the street.
AdminCasey
12/31/2016 10:36 pm
I Died in 2016
AdminCasey
12/31/2016 10:34 pm
I receive Cardiac arrest, Stroke and Assassination from PMC. I join PMC Assassin Club
inox_
12/31/2016 10:18 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
I lost every friend that I had in 2016, and gained about 3 new ones. I have nobody to trust, and have developed incredible trust issues. But, that's okay. It's not like I'll have to see anybody that I currently know by the time I finish highschool.

As for your middle paragraph, that's actually quite hard for me to talk about. The only thing that I can possibly think of for this would be games; my safehaven! I'd say that's about it, other than the fact that I'm learning to program and finding it fairly easy.

Happy new year anyway, buddy.
LightlySaltedBuilder
12/31/2016 10:15 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
my favorite memory was Trump winning the presidency #MakeAmericaGreatAgain!

jk, it was probably getting to visit the washington area and see my grandparents. and lvl 4 on Pmc!
Han Solo
12/31/2016 10:14 pm
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
I've matured more and I've met some fantastic people this year.
raidarr
12/31/2016 10:11 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
I've met some interesting and decent people this year.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome