Is LEGO Fortnite Any Good?

Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum1/2/24 5:26 pm
1 emeralds 135 1
1/2/2024 5:50 pm
ShadowBonnie15's Avatar ShadowBonnie15
I am not a fan of Fortnite. I have cousins who'll play nothing but Fortnite together, but I was never interested. Since the LEGO Fortnite gamemode was added though, they've been egging me to try it out, saying that it's not a shooter game, but a sandbox adventure like Minecraft.

I haven't made any promises to join them or at least try it out, mostly due to experiences with similar games or my attachment to Minecraft. For one, I think the latest LEGO video games suck. The graphics are always so harshly lit. I know they're trying to emulate the plastic look and all, but they really need to tone down on the shaders.

Some time back I also tried LEGO Worlds, another Minecraft-ripoff, just out of curiosity, and boy was I disappointed. Its quest system was so tedious and unfulfilling. Not to mention that some of the NPCs you try to trade with are always trying to kill you, preventing you from stopping and interacting with the GUI without dying. It should also go without saying that building with Legos in a video game is so much more complicated than with simple 16x16 voxel blocks. One of the reasons Minecraft is so appealing is how everything can be built with simple blocks and just a few variations. Lego just has too much variation that is easier to handle as real life bricks.

But I want to hear what you guys think of LEGO Fortnite, whether or not you've played it. That way I can be sure my decision with it is final.
Dermugettum
Level 22 : Expert Miner