PMC Games of 2018

Jetra's Avatar Jetra12/2/18 12:31 pm history
1 emeralds 244 2
12/3/2018 4:56 am
Woodstockk's Avatar Woodstockk
This year has seen an influx of Battle Royales fighting for their way to be top dog. Just like MOBAs before them, FPSes before them and Fighters before that, we find that Fortnite is King of this hill with many trying to take the crown.

Despite all this, there have been other titles that have come out to take a spotlight if even for a short amount of time. However, let's not limit ourselves to just this year, we're going to make this interesting by sharing what you had the most fun playing this year. Be in an old MMO or a comfy puzzle game, what were your top game or 3 games that you enjoyed this year?

For me, I've been hard at work trying to clear away the pile that has grown over the years and managed to break a good chunk of it so now I'm able to give mine.

1. Iconoclasts

Saw this streamed on GOG's Twitch last year and thought it was pretty cute. One of the few games that came out this year that I actually played, this is my favorite platformer as it hits all the perfect notes. Fun boss fights, interesting puzzles, pretty art style, and never once did I think the game was cheap in any way. If I failed, there was a clear reason for it, though some of them took a bit of figuring out which is something you don't often see in today's games. It was a challenge and a welcome one at that.

2. RUNNING WITH RIFLES

I put more hours into this game in 3 days than I did for any BlazBlue game over a month which should say something about what I like. Don't let the simple graphics fool you, this game is difficult to the point where I thought the game was cheating in certain ways. Despite that and the music and that it puts you on Hard mode from the get go, I really had fun taking over the world one area at a time. It reminded me of the days when I played Star Wars Battlefront 2 on the PS2 with its conquest mode.

3. Closers

Finally we come to the title that would replace League of Legends for me, Closers Online. A beat-em-up game with many different characters from a gunblade wielding highschooler to an android carrying an entire arsenal in her pocket. Simple in nature, complex in execution all tied into a story of aliens and magic. Sure it might not be a great game for everyone due to its massive repetitive play, I still found it enjoyable filling the screen with explosions and bullets.
Jetra
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe