FNAF: Sister Location - I Need YOUR Help

Havingfun_ISKEY's Avatar Havingfun_ISKEY10/12/16 8:21 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 17
10/14/2016 12:33 pm
candle_'s Avatar candle_
Hey there everyone. As most of you know, FNAF: Sister Location was released a few days ago, and there's been some debate over how good of a game it is. I have recently made a blog I'm updating as often as possible that will soon feature my side of the argument along with an appearance from a friend of mine (hopefully). To help to get that part of the blog going, however, I need points to argue against.

So, what I'm hoping to get from this thread is people to give their reasons as to why they think Sister Location is GOOD. You can submit as many points as you'd like, but try to keep them all in the same post, and more importantly, try to make your points as precise as possible. (Ex: Instead of saying "Sister Location revolutionized the franchise", say "FNAF Sister Location revolutionized the franchise by introducing voice acting and tasks to complete each night instead of just trying to survive the nights.") It's entirely possible I might put these into a video, and I'll make sure to name who says what.

This thread isn't meant to be a debate amongst each other, so try to keep the replies to a minimum if all your reply is going to do is try and disprove someone else's point. Remember that all PMC rules still apply.

Thank you!
Havingfun_ISKEY
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

candle_
10/14/2016 12:33 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
I'm glad it stopped taking itself too seriously. I think the lore everyone praised before is actually, like, pretty bad. It's a very basic story with almost no nuance. The game improves on it a bit while simultaneously not trying to be ultra grimdark like previous titles. I think the comedic timing could use work in some places, but I'm fairly pleased with the game in general.

I've never been very fond of the games because of the mediocre story and my disinterest in the primary gameplay mechanics. I have always sorta liked Scott though. It's really nice seeing a success story. He got a ton of scathing criticism from well-known gaming personalities for how creepy his models looked and he turned that into something positive. I find that really awesome and I honestly wish him the best. I'm glad he's been successful even with the massive amounts of hate he and his games get. Even though people call him out on making them too often, at least he seems to genuinely try to do something new with his games each time. It's clear he puts quite a bit of effort into his games, even if they are relatively "small."
Havingfun_ISKEY
10/14/2016 10:39 am
Going to give this a bump
JediJerboa
10/13/2016 9:13 am
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
Personally, Sister Location gets two thumbs up from me. The humor is fantastic (Exotic Butterz....), especially when the humor gets dark. I'm glad that we can actually move around the perfect horror atmosphere that deviates from the normal FNAF gameplay mechanics. The voice acting was superb in giving the player a sense of unease on who to trust. But, I can't say that the game was flawless in every way, especially in the story aspect. I honestly think the plot was a little difficult to keep track of at times, and there were just some snippets of info that didn't make much sense. And the endings... Well, they were there, I guess. Were the endings awesome? Somewhat. Did they answer any questions? Not really, no. But the endings are not much of a bother. Huh, maybe I should write a more in-depth review of the series or write a blog on the supposed lore as of the release of this game. In conclusion, Sister Location gets an 8.5 out of 10 for me.
Monotone
10/12/2016 8:38 pm
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
AnimeFanFTW
clay53_claytonIn case you didn't know this this site is called planet MINECRAFT

In case you didn't know, people can talk about what they want in "General Discussions". Please learn how the forums work next time.

Preach, fam. Preach.

Anyhow, I figure I might add in my two cents as someone who's merely drawn their own conjecture knowing people who have played the games. Imo, things like Animatronics and Ventriloquism are the most prevalent and underrated concepts of horror. Five Nights at Freddy's is built around that idea. Sure, some people refer to it as "Chuck-E-Cheese knockoff with plastic dolls" but from what I personally have seen, it's much more complex. It nails the "scary" part of the horror genre without slasher or gory aspects. As for the gameplay, I've no idea how it works. I despise horror. Anyhow, I'm probably going to get flamed for posting on a thread about a game I've never played, so I'll head back over to my corner. Hope I helped in some way!
AnimeFanFTW
10/12/2016 8:22 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
I think Sister Location is the best game Scott has released so far.

I personally think Sister Location's atmosphere is perfect. I'm not able to play it (because I'm broke), but from looking at videos of it, the game feels more tense in some areas. Seeing videos of Night 4, with the person stuck in the suit, trying to get out, and wiggle to scare little animatronics away, the amount of tension from that scene was insane.

The voice acting was also absolutely perfect. Whoever Scott hired to do the voice acting, will go far in terms of voice acting.

Heck, the game was even funny. I don't know about you, but Exotic Butters made me laugh for quite a bit. (And it's also now my new favorite saying in a videogame.) I also think the little Tv show scenes, with you eating popcorn, inbetween nights, was a bit charming.

Though the story wasn't exactly the best out of the series (since I think the endings are a tiny bit weak), it was still pretty interesting learning about Baby, and generally everyone else in the game.

You can tell that Scott took his time with this game, and it certainly shows. And it seems generally everyone on the internet agrees that the game is pretty good. (I mean heck, I've at least seen 2 threads on 4chan, saying the game was great. When even 4chan approves of your game, you have done something right)

clay53_claytonIn case you didn't know this this site is called planet MINECRAFT

In case you didn't know, people can talk about what they want in "General Discussions". Please learn how the forums work next time.
Myra_
10/12/2016 6:59 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Bladeztothexexotic butters

This.
For real, though, I love that Scott is finally doing something different. He's added real compelling characters, a more obvious plot, and far more interesting gameplay, while retaining that classic FNaF creepiness.
Plus, me and my friend totally agree that Circus Baby is basically a gorier GLaDOS.
clay53_clayton
10/12/2016 6:52 pm
Level 24 : Expert Engineer
In case you didn't know this this site is called planet MINECRAFT
Havingfun_ISKEY
10/12/2016 8:31 pm
We are allowed to discuss other items than simply Minecraft.
Anxiety Opossum
10/12/2016 7:40 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
In case you didn't know, you're allowed to talk about things other than MINECRAFT
ThisIsMystic
10/12/2016 6:40 pm
Level 45 : Master Answer
I liked the game, I thought it was very good, Overall 5 stars
Havingfun_ISKEY
10/12/2016 6:44 pm
But why do you like it?
GrandPartyMask
10/12/2016 5:02 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
"It seems that you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you. One moment. Welcome, 'Eggs Benedict.'"

"It seems that you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you. Thank you for choosing 'angsty teen.'"

"It seems that you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you. Thank you for selecting 'casual bongos.'"

The announcer is absolutely grand. The humor and horror mix is done very well, especially when the humor transitions into a darker theme (or when the humor is dark).

I mean, the game is a nice reprieve from the previous FNAF formula. Instead of just clicking the same locations, you also have movement keys (WASD) and a simulation of movement among rooms. The sounds are much better than the previous game, you don't have your ears blown out whenever you get jumpscared (R.I.P. those who have headphones with the volume way up), and on. I'd continue, but I'm pressed on time, so I might continue later.

Generally speaking, FNAF Sister Location isn't a good game by modern conventions, but it is phenomenal compared to its predecessors.
Torrum
10/12/2016 12:04 pm
Level 24 : Expert Toast
As much as I was tired of FNAF, I thought this one was actually pretty good.

It seemed like they took everything from the previous FNAF games and bumped it up a notch. The level of creepiness was on point and the animation on the animatronics seemed to be smoother. The voice acting was fantastic, especially with Baby, and the graphics were pretty darn good. As for the story, it was kind of a hit or miss with me, for reasons im not too certain of. I liked how you weren't just in the same space the entire game, and you got to move around to different rooms and such. It was indeed kind of short, but there was a good bit of game-play there to keep someone entertained for a while. It just seemed different in a good way from the other 4 (5?) games in the series.

With all that being said, I do hope FNAF is coming to an end. It was good at first, but it has gone on for so long and become so repetitive that at this point Scott is basically just milking it for all that it is worth.
Anxiety Opossum
10/12/2016 9:25 am
I don't think that it was great in the way of gameplay, but it NAILED the atmosphere. And even though the gameplay definiletly could have been better, it's pretty impressive considering the limitations of the engine that Scott uses.
Oh, and the voice acting and humor were nice too.

Edit: Basically, if you've watched Mark play it, I agree with his summary at the end.
Calendar Man
10/12/2016 9:21 am
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
I liked that it was very short.
Other than that, yeah, it's pretty bad imo.
Bladeztothex
10/12/2016 9:03 am
Level 42 : Master Slime Tamer
I enjoyed the game personality, my reason: exotic butters
Anxiety Opossum
10/12/2016 4:38 pm
<--
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com