📰 Nitgo news - Ep.29

Nitgo's Avatar Nitgo5/2/22 8:46 pm history
42 emeralds 661 27
8/9/2022 3:47 pm
creepermax123's Avatar creepermax123

Welcome ladies, gentlemen, and aliens from mars to a new episode of Nitgo news! I know, it's been a while. My laptop's parts are still being shipped out to me as we speak, but I've found a temporary fix. None the less, I hope you enjoy!
------------------------------
Starting off with site news, Minecraft has given us in its latest snapshot some new modifications to the warden, goat-horns in java, and some changes to the allay. All is explained in xisumavoid's third-newest video.
On an unrelated note, the PMC's twitter account is getting pretty close to 400k followers, and I thought to tell you, maybe you'd wanna help them reach this milestone lol.

Today the results for the "Earth Day | Skin Contest" by EarthySpruce are out! Here are the winners:

👤 | Participant:🏆 | Trophy & position:🎫 | Entry:

newt__

First place! 🥇

Earth ~ CE

IceDragon235

LogMaiden

Second place! 🥈

| Earth in a Suit |

Gaia Mother

Sushifox

DaPenguinBoss

Third place! 🥉

Mother nature's child 🌱

Earth day Derp

Now we will talk about the best submissions in each category for this week! Check it out:
For the best Minecraft map posted this week we have "Almorterra | 4 Islands Survival World" by McMeddon. Fire, ice, water, and earth.

[Almorterra | 4 Islands Survival World]
For the best Minecraft texture pack posted this week we have "Better Skeletons" by creepermax123. I like the idea very much.

[Better Skeletons]
For the best Minecraft skin of this week we have "Moon Knight" by Fishkiss. There's not much to critique here except for the head section of the hood, which needs a little bit more flow.

[Moon Knight]
For the best Minecraft mob skin of this week we have "Red eyed earth dragon" by Aspirin60. I think the details of the body can be improved a little more.

[Red eyed earth dragon]
For the best Minecraft mod of this week we have "Better Village" by jtl_elisa, GentlemanRevvnar, and TemRPS. I really like the improvements made here.

[Better Village]
For the best Minecraft data pack of this week we have "Dark Knight Origin" by rebelcandy_U. Pretty nice.

[Dark Knight Origin (1.18)]
For the best Minecraft blog of this week we have "🎨Skinning🎨: Understanding Shading, Hue-shifting, and Colors" by SouthDakotaGirl. Nice, might come in handy for newbies.

[🎨Skinning🎨: Understanding Shading, Hue-shifting, and Colors]

This drawing was posted by Shire12.

This drawing was posted by GammaRose.

This drawing was made by Yeliouw.

This drawing was posted by interlude_vi.
More art posted a few days ago.. 🎨
This drawing was posted by Nitgo.

This drawing was posted by Shire12.

These drawings were posted by WisteriaGrove.

This drawing was posted by WisteriaGrove.

This drawing was posted by sonderrr.
This drawing was posted by ObsidianFoxPlayz.
This drawing was posted by Deathcore.

This audio was made by DoctorMister.

This drawing was posted by Mxple_Starz.
This remake was posted by ruietto.

Those textures were posted by CornCobDog.

This sketch was posted by WaffleBear.

This celebration was posted by MoonAstraea.

This redrawing was posted by CaelChan.

This banner was posted by LogMaiden.

Today's interview is with..
Today's interview is with Adrestio!

1 ➨ How did your Minecraft experience begin? Do you still play? 🎮

My experience with Minecraft has always been using it as an art medium and platform (and for entertainment purposes obviously). Apart from the PMCSMP, I stick to Creative Mode building, texturing, and command blocks.

2 ➨ We noticed that you've been making some nice texture packs throughout your stay on PMC, do you plan on making more in the future?

Of course! I plan to post them during my Adrestio’s April Showers event that encourages me to just post whatever I’ve made the past year onto the site!

3 ➨ How was it being a moderator for the website's official Minecraft server?

To be quite cheesy, Absolutely unforgettable. It was unlike anything else I’ve done and instantly made friends with an entire community with my favorite things ever, Minecraft and impulsive Shenanigans. Shout outs especially to xalixilax, Zitzabis, EleanorRose, and McMeddon especially for a lot of those fantastic memories.

4 ➨ What has been your experience on website so far?

I’m not too big on Social Media so it was a huge transition getting used to being a “”””public figure”””” on a site. I absolutely adore the site, its a community of generous and way too talented people using Minecraft as an art Medium.

5 ➨ Do you prefer creating mob skins or player skins?

Map-Making 🤓

6 ➨ What sparked your interest in Minecraft?

Its infinite possibilities! Just look at how many submissions we have on the site, from tiny tweaks of a survival game to entire gamemodes like Hunger Games now developed into fully fledged Fortnites!

7 ➨ As you've become a moderator on the 17th of July, 2021, how has it been, and what have you seen change over your five years of being on PMC?

From the two latest years I’ve actually been active, I have seen the community come together so much. I have especially seen the amount of talent skyrocket with the use of blockbench and worldpainter (I too have dabbled in)… I’ve also seen the amount of “OP datapacks” rise…

8 ➨ As of "Pal-entine's Event", do you plan on making more events for the people?

Making events and sporadic get-togethers is my favorite past time. We’ll see if I make any new events apart from my main Pal-entine’s Day Event hosted with EleanorRose but I have a lot of IRL plans that I am prioritizing. I put my heart and soul into the solo Pal-entine’s event so Quality over Quantity. Of course we’ll have to see, always stay tuned!

9 ➨ How was it like drawing a skin of you wearing a maid outfit lol.

Both maid skins were actually fan made: one from EleanorRose during the second annual Pal-entine’s production phase as a tease, and the second from Spongie during Fan-vember! Both I now proudly wear 😎

10 ➨ How did you first find Planet Minecraft?

I originally went to the site to publish my REALLY old X Event Map and some random compiled texture pack dabbling on NovaSkin. This site is and was the most user friendly and appealing to look at (seriously). That was it and then I took a 2-3 year distant hiatus from the site. It was only until fate shoved me into the PMC Ten Year Anniversary SMP when I engaged in the site and the people inside it.

11 ➨ How did you choose your PMC Username?

ooo I love seeing this question! ”Adrestio” comes from the first character I fully developed for a story. It was the coolest concept for a character in my young brain but I eventually scrapped the story and made it my online alias. (The scrapped story had the main antagonist Phobetor out of a substance simply called darkness which is why half of my skin is pure darkness. It was a cool anti-hero of sorts).

The actual name comes from the goddess Adrestea, a very underappreciated goddess in Greek mythology, that represents retribution and balance. It’s also where I got my HUGE affinity for Greek and Roman Mythology.

12 ➨ What PMC submission are you most proud of, & why?

Favorite submission has got to be Adrestio’s Doubled Slabs or Adrestio’s Dead Coral Tweaks. Both I learned a lot from with the help of X (xalixilax) where I “spammed” him on discord until I understood how to use .JSON filing. Plus I genuinely use both regularly ;D

13 ➨ Is there anything you hope to remake in the future? (A skin, mob-skin, texturepack, etc...)

Anything I hope to remake? I hope I can return to the PMCSMP at some point with more ideas but everything I put out I’m pretty proud of. If I had to give an answer I wish I remade the Adrestio’s Wilder Flowers surprisingly. With some new tips from X, I had JUST learned some better techniques for a couple textures but some flowers I felt I did a lazy job (even if that is currently my top pack).

14 ➨ Do you have any goals on the site (subscriber goal, perhaps win a contest, host another contest etc)?

My only goal would be making more enjoyable and impressive events and content. Improving my Pal-entine’s Event is a big one for next year and some submissions for this year’s Adrestio’s April Showers event will be heavily improved.

15 ➨ Do you have any future goals for yourself in general?

I hope to meet so many new folks on the site like these readers and I would love to really pump out some new submissions that are currently in the works like Maps and Skins. I also hope people spam my guest book 🥴

Now, ladies and gentlemen, for our last section of today's Nitgo News, yes of course, it's the mentions! Today we will be listing five honorable mentions for this episode of today's Nitgo News! Here they are:

ruietto
WisteriaGrove
Ivango
Fieee
Misa

Announcements:
No announcements this week, except maybe that I updated my profile with some new drawings. nothin big.

Thanks for reading Nitgo News for today. If you want to be featured in the next Nitgo News, all you need to do is to make something eye catching, such as being active, make an event, make an interesting forum thread, do something famous, upload something great, or win a contest! If you see anything wrong/incorrect with today's Nitgo News please comment it bellow, and also if you're interested in reading our older "Nitgo News" posts you'll find them all listed [Here].
Nitgo
Level 75 : Legendary Sus
CollaboratorsNitgoTest's Avatar NitgoTest