Minecraft Youtube Content is Getting Worse... Now What?play_circle_filled

Cubert_4x4's Avatar Cubert_4x47/21/23 3:11 pm history
17 emeralds 891 54
10/24/2023 3:46 pm
FirestormCarnage's Avatar FirestormCarnage
Minecraft Content is definingly getting over-saturated, especially in hardcore and manhunts and shorts, but what's the solution?
Youtubers are literally told to copy other youtubers for 'success' and for some reason it works. They're also told to find their own little area of the platform and stay there, leading to burnout or all-out quitting YouTube. (See Dream) This definently isn't helping content creators, and yes, it IS hard to come up with original content, but it's not that hard, is it? Apparently it is, because short creators are basically doing an idea, and changing one tiny aspect of it. That's not creative! There's a difference between 'TrEnDinG' and Copying.
Another problem is that exists is that there are SO MANY CREATORS. TOO MANY. The fact is that all of them are slowly contributing to this fact, even if they are not trying too, or realizing it. It's hard for a new creator to get a good start.
While I'm ranting I'll also say that It's kinda sad to see that Intros have basically just disappeared. They could be really funny, or boring. Where'd They Go? Our short attention spans. This isn't just a problem with Minecraft youtube, but everywhere.

So What's the solution? Create Original Content? Create more Niches? I'm not sure anymore, but one things for sure, Minecraft Youtubing is going to change.

Are we going to move away from Youtube? Where to?
What original Ideas do you guys have? What would you like to see?
Have we exhausted the content? Is Minecraft Dying?

Don't Believe me? Just look up "Minecraft content repetitive"
Cubert_4x4
Level 27 : Expert Professor

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/24/2023 3:46 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
FirestormCarnage
Um I like to think my videos are quite original tbh.
10/18/2023 3:20 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
HD-Bricks
I mean, it's not just Minecraft youtubers, I think it's all of YouTube. When I look back at older videos from when YouTube was still new, they were a lot more entertaining! Now I only just watch those older videos or mine. I have a LEGO Stop-Motion channel, yes. It has the same name and icon as my account here.
10/18/2023 3:19 pm
Level 32 : Artisan uwu
LBoomsky
yeah fr
this is the reason i cant follow my dreams
but you cant really blame anyone
10/18/2023 3:10 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
Jagermmeisterme99
Personally, yes! The influencers are really annoying and most videos on YouTube associate more with TikTok out of any social media. My major frustration with YouTube are the amount of ads per video. I remember being 10 in 2009 watching Annoying Orange and actually having one ad per video on YouTube. Today, there are like 4-6 ads per video to the point where it gets ridiculous. It seems they just add more ads to pressure you into buying their content. Anything after 2020 regarding social media is horrible only because of the ads. For example, Instagram. Every 3 posts from a person, there is an ad after every 3rd post.
10/19/2023 12:59 pmhistory
HD-Bricks
Mobile game ads are also obnoxious. Whenever you play a game on your phone or tablet every 5 seconds an ad shows up out of nowhere, and to make it worse, it is normally PURPOUSLY TRYING to be annoying or is really inappropriate. Every ad is like: "99% can't beat this level" even though the answer is OBVIOUS. Ads got way worse over the years.
10/18/2023 12:31 pm
Level 44 : Master Procrastinator
Darkfap
*silently takes notes from the comments for when I start my own channel*
10/18/2023 2:31 pm
Cubert_4x4
*Silently whispers doooo it!!!*
10/19/2023 12:19 pm
Darkfap
"Silently whispers" seems a bit redundant.
10/19/2023 12:25 pm
Cubert_4x4
*thinks* Eh, it needed a ping. And you should.
10/19/2023 12:28 pm
Darkfap
*Adds it to the list of content ideas*
10/18/2023 12:27 pm
Darkfap
Actually I was planning to do a Youtube series at some point with a ton of datapacks, but that... didn't work out in testing. I might end up doing a modded lets play instead.
10/18/2023 9:43 am
Level 25 : Expert Modder
henry7167
youtube is now skibid
10/18/2023 2:30 pm
Cubert_4x4
That stuff is so dumb bro.
10/19/2023 12:47 pmhistory
Level 56 : Grandmaster Batman
JustaFlqmingo
ikr dont forgot smurf cat and all the smurf cat clones

what has yt become
10/13/2023 7:12 am
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
RE intros and outros:
In at least one case of which I am aware the Utuber was using a piece created by a fan. but was hit with DCMA notices / cease & desist orders [the explaination was less than clear] because of an allegatio that the creator had included improperly sampled material.

With the increased litigiuosness of society and the way the Utube strike/demonitization system works, the use of intros/outros simply isn't worth the risk.

RE: too many MC creators:
This strilkes me as the MC content creation industry becomeing a 'victim of its own success'.
With at least some high-profile creator senjoying a degree of fame and (it would appear) making sunstantial amounts of money from posting MC content, we are in the position were 'everyone' wants to be a rock star, (although most of what we ger struggles to qualify as garage band).

RE: content originality
This issue would seem to vary be the type of video…
☛ Let's_Plays (at least in the early stages of a world) are going to have a lot of similarities because certain 'things' are essentially required to proceed effictively [the same reason only a few of the 20 possible opening move in chess are used with more than trivial frequency].

☛ Farm/technical content at least partially share this issue as there are comparatively few ways to build an efficient farm for any X…
There is also the issue that (yet another) "Simple Raw Chicken Farm" keeps getting posted: If one has a channel, making as much of what a users is looking for available without needing to go elsewhere is good for business.
(There is some argument in defence of this practice when the videos explain how the contraption works and/or discuss why various choices were made as a different voice can sometimes make things clear to a learner; far less so when the content is simply a place_the_block follow-along…)

☛ Aethetic/decoration content seems like it should be (and may well be) least influenced by the limitations of the game itself simply because of the lack of mechanical constraint on this area — barring a minimum size, there is effectively no limits on how one can gussy it up…
07/26/2023 5:39 pm
Level 1 : New System
NegativeClover
look man its so daunting to even think about making YT content.

Everything is derivative and the algorithms are more focused on what looks cool to a little kid

than say a teen or adult.

But the worst part I am finding as I get older... is the lack of Original anything, noboy wants to invest in somthing that isnt a surefire bet.

Modern youtube twitch etc is about being plugging in and parroting the pop culture social consciousness and detecting the shift.

3x things I always see. Clickbait thumbnail, Lisp, or high pitched male voice, lack of female content creators.

this is almost universal when there is a female she is usually selling her uh "personality" which makes it worse for chicks you just wanna vibe without it getting weird.

They basically run Simp farms that end up creating mentalities that discourage less confident female streamers from streaming.

If you are Chill have a mic and are at least a teen preferably an adult I have a fan discord server and a dedicated server rack doing some casual adult swim style chill craft. that doesn't mean adult content that means mature mindset. NegaticeClover is a vibe man check me out
07/27/2023 8:13 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
SteamMallard07
Agreed greatly that lack of originality is sooooo common nowadays and that’s why I stopped watching MC stuff on YT
07/25/2023 11:30 am
Level 45 : Master Modder
Mineifications
Oh yeah, Monster School.
07/26/2023 5:09 pm
Level 21 : Expert Miner
Dermugettum
The original Monster School animations by Willcraft were the real deal. I rank them up there with Slamacow animations. If only the current Monster School videos could be taken down for plagiarism.
10/19/2023 12:49 pm
JustaFlqmingo
Indeed bro

the originals from Willcraft were some of my best, best memories

idk what happened now, but its a big no no
07/27/2023 7:01 pm
Mineifications
Dermugettum Same, but I forgot the channel that I watched :(
07/25/2023 11:39 am
Cubert_4x4
*Throws Up at the mention*
07/25/2023 11:20 am
SynthwaveWolf85
I remember the good ol' days of watching DanTDM to Minecraft mod reviews... Nowadays it's "HEY GUYS, TODAY I'M GONNA SEE IF I CAN BEAT MINECRAFT WHILE UNDERGOING ELECTROSHOCK THERAPY, DON'T FORGET TO SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON AND HIT THAT NOTIFICATION BELL SO YOU NEVER MISS AN UPLOAD, BUT BEFORE WE GET STARTED - I'D LIKE TO THANK THIS VIDEO'S SPONSOR GARDENSCAPES-"
07/25/2023 11:38 am
Cubert_4x4
nordVPN

So true mate.
07/25/2023 11:24 am
Level 34 : Artisan Musician
KhakiKayaks
Raid Shadow Legends
07/27/2023 7:05 pm
Mineifications
Omg my sister watches aphmau, her voice annoys me!
07/24/2023 12:43 pm
Level 49 : Master Blueberry
BlueBoyBuilds
(I am mainly drawing points from TommyInnit and what he has said in this video, which doesn't help much with "being original.")

This is actually the perfect time for originality to shine, yes it can be hard, but once you make one thing original, that's new. Yes, audiences will grip on to that quickly, and it probably won't be original in a few months, but, it's still a moment to shine.

You see, this isn't just happening in YouTube and Minecraft, this is happening in media everywhere.

Let's look at the film world, things have been getting worse and worse, but then, "Everything Everywhere All At Once" showed up. It took the media by storm. It was new.

Creativity in general, is dead. So much has been done, that it's hard to find something new.
But when a wildfire eventually dies, having destroyed everything, that leaves an opportunity for new life to grow.
07/26/2023 5:13 pm
Dermugettum
The wildfire we really need is for big movie studios to get shut down and enforcing those anti-monopoly laws for once. Those pigs at Hollywood are against originality and against the art they claim to produce.
07/26/2023 5:36 pm
Level 49 : Master Blueberry
BlueBoyBuilds
The writer's strike currently going on in there is slowly killing Hollywood, thankfully. Hollywood thinks that the writers will come crawling back to them, as they think they will use ai and the sort to write in the meantime, but eventually Hollywood will come crawling back to the writers.
07/26/2023 7:32 pmhistory
Dermugettum
They'd better. So long as people keep going to those movies in theaters, they'll keep making profit from producing garbage.
07/24/2023 1:06 pm
Cubert_4x4
Well said.
07/24/2023 11:08 am
Level 40 : Master System
VoidCrawler9
i liked it better when they did mod and datapack reviews. now a days its just manhunts and 100 day survivals. and i mean you cant go wrong with minecraft but.. but at the point thats getting to some of the stuff is stupid.
07/26/2023 5:16 pm
Dermugettum
Don't forget adventure maps. Those have been criminally ghosted lately.

Nowadays Youtubers just want to make videos all about themselves and their own ideas even if they're no good. Those a**holes are so full of themselves.
07/26/2023 5:21 pm
VoidCrawler9
ikr i love making adventure maps but now all i see on youtube is pople not even showcasing instead theymake stupid things!
07/24/2023 11:34 am
Cubert_4x4
I know! It's so repetitive it's SOO Stupid. people just use what works for others, making a massive chain of the same content. we've been Tweaking an idea (like manhunts) so much that a game-changing change is boring!
07/24/2023 10:54 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
Ins0mn1a
I feel like eventually everyone will stop making lifesteal clones. What I've learned is that if you make a server with an original idea, content will grow around it. I'm hoping we start moving away from minigame servers, that'll make so much more room for better content. Don't get me wrong, minigame servers are great, but they are like the tiktok of Minecraft servers. Instant little hits of dopamine. Each match gives you a great rush of endorphins from winning, and is too short for the average person to get discouraged from not winning. We need to introduce newer ideas to the server landscape, and new content will come out as well.

The way I see it, the best way to revitalize the community on youtube is to make a sorta pact. If you are a content creator, don't do what is trendy over and over again. What the game has taught us is that a simple idea can go a long way. Someone invented 100 days in minecraft, and lifesteal, but if we try and introduce more ideas to that landscape, that seem just as obvious, rising content creators will have a much larger palette to work with. If you want to be a big trendy youtuber for minecraft, you may not have a choice but to follow what's trendy.

It's our job to introduce more unique and trendy concepts to the algorithm. Like instead of 100 days hardcore, lets try a new idea. Things like last life, lifesteal, ect. are the most obvious ideas that someone invented. So try and indoctrinate some new ideas in your videos. Like try, Minecraft but the world spawn changes each time I die or Minecraft but I get more hearts the more structures I build, or Minecraft this SMP share an inventory, and stuff like that.

This requires you need to design or commision a data pack or plugin for it, but I promise if you actually continue on these video ideas for several episodes of a letsplay or SMP, you'll find that over time it'll grow. And if the data pack or plugin is free to use, it will ripple out. This is what we need to be doing to help the game get better content.

Sorry for the ramble, everyone, I a just very passionate on the subject.
07/24/2023 11:39 am
Cubert_4x4
Thanks for 'rambling' :D I agree a lot with what you said. I think that if we make an effort to find and support creators who ARE doing this kind of thing, we can fix what's happening.
07/24/2023 11:09 am
VoidCrawler9
about the
"This requires you need to design or commision a data pack or plugin for it, but I promise if you actually continue on these video ideas for several episodes of a letsplay or SMP, you'll find that over time it'll grow. And if the data pack or plugin is free to use, it will ripple out. This is what we need to be doing to help the game get better content." ive been thinking about doing a smp just to have people to play with but no one would join a survival multpayer rpg server
07/24/2023 11:53 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
Ins0mn1a
I’d totally play that, and try and support it on my server. Trust me, your target audience is there, you just need to catch their attention.
07/25/2023 9:37 am
VoidCrawler9
thx dude im finishing the datapack for it so it will work on there
07/24/2023 10:25 am
Dermugettum
Really the only good art/entertainment that exists is the passionate kind, something that has a lot of thought and enjoyment put into it. But if most Minecraft Youtubers are just copying clickbait and unoriginal content, are they really that happy with what they do? Obviously all they care about is boasting a high subscriber count and getting on top of the Youtube algorithm just so they feel better about themselves.
07/24/2023 11:41 am
Cubert_4x4
It's not healthy either! Youtubers are coming down with burn-out right and left. (maybe an exaggeration, but still)
07/24/2023 10:35 am
Level 25 : Expert Sus
Insomniac_Toad
The only Minecraft content I’ve found that continues to be all these things is hermitcraft. It’s not clickbait, it’s not repetitive, it’s just some guys having fun- and it’s hilarious. I was discouraged by all the awful Minecraft content before I found this-
my favorite hermit is Grian, (maybe I’m biased because I’m British?) so if you don’t know anything about this server you should start with him.
10/19/2023 12:53 pm
JustaFlqmingo
I did too haha! He is one of my favorites and I did have fun watching him and his friends mess around

I still do lol
10/13/2023 6:19 am
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
The first hermit I recall watching deliberately was Mumbo Jumbo (and as much for the anguished criy of "OH!, my items" as the technical information).

I've ended up watching a fair bit of most of the hermits at various times… As may be expected they all seem to have 'hot' and 'cold' periods.
10/19/2023 12:52 pm
JustaFlqmingo
ahhh same! I started off watching Grian, and I still watch the other hermits, such as mumbo, iskall, scar etc etc

I did take a break, but hermitcraft gets boring and then not and then back to boring and then not... an endless cycle. I do not blame them for it, as we the viewers eventually see the series as repetitive, in our eyes it becomes boring

I mean come on we're 9 seasons in
07/24/2023 11:43 am
Cubert_4x4
Grian is a great example! He's a nice guy with funny ideas that just bounce off the other hermits. Totally agree. He's one of my favorites, as well as Mumbo and Impulse.
10/19/2023 12:49 pm
JustaFlqmingo
YES GRIAN HERMITCRAFT FAN BUT MOSTLY GRIAN

I LOVE ALL OF EM
07/24/2023 10:11 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Collective
Guts N Pixels
I'd like to think the content I creat is unique, or if anything not as common. But I do agree in the aspect of all these platforms like YouTube being oversaturated with so much cloned content and clickbait that it's difficult to break free from all the noise.

It also doesn't help that these platforms would much rather have you hide in the shadow of their Whales than watch something new and different.

I support your statement 100.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome