Paintings

RomanSecundus's Avatar RomanSecundus8/31/21 7:34 am
8/31/2021 6:54 pm
RomanSecundus's Avatar RomanSecundus
Ok, so if your familiar with painting textures please read. Each painting has a separate texture on the back called, "back.png". How to do I make that texture transparent? My small brain has no clue. I removed all the textures from back.png in photoshop and it just makes it white when in-game. I've tried to edit the colormaps but it doesn't work. (I reset the colormap when it didn't work so other textures or whatever don't get screwed up) I set the texture to be Opacity 0% in photoshop, it doesn't work. I've seen others do it, how to do I. I tried to learn from glass, since that has transparent textures through the middle, but when I copied it's homework it still didn't work. Please help.
RomanSecundus
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

dreamCritting
08/31/2021 7:47 am
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
history
I think it can only be done using features designed to work with Optifine (changing the model probably) Minecraft used to have transparent paintings but unfortunately changed them.
RomanSecundus
08/31/2021 8:06 am
have you done it before with optifine, if so I'd like to know how
dreamCritting
08/31/2021 9:00 am
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
history
I have seen other people do similar things with optifine, although I don't personally know how to do it.

Changing the texture to be transparent won't work unless you can change the paintings code, which would probably need a custom mod or shader, however it should be possible to change the paintings model, to make the new model you could use Blockbench: https://www.blockbench.net/ although I'm not certain where the model would need to go in a resource pack, that would mean you could make a hole in the painting or change it's shape, although I'm not sure if it would allow for only one side of the model texture to have a texture, and the other side to be invisible.

What do you want this for though? there might be an easier way of making it work than using paintings.

Also if changing version is an option, using 1.12.2 or an older version would let paintings have transparency.
RomanSecundus
08/31/2021 6:54 pm
I'm using for a map
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome