πŸ£π—„ 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗒𝖾𝗋 π—Œπ—„π—‚π—‡ π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—‹π—‡π–Ίπ—†π–Ύπ—‡π—!wb_sunny

kittywomp's Avatar kittywomp β€’ 8/18/21 4:12 pm history
32 emeralds 1.2k 84
9/19/2021 4:30 pm
cringewimple's Avatar cringewimple

π—π–Ύπ—…π–Όπ—ˆπ—†π–Ύ π—π—ˆ π—π—π—‚π—Œ π–Όπ—ˆπ—…π—…π–Ίπ–»π—ˆπ—‹π–Ίπ—π—‚π—π–Ύ 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾 π—Œπ—„π—‚π—‡π—†π–Ίπ—„π—‚π—‡π—€ π–Όπ—ˆπ—†π—‰π–Ύπ—π—‚π—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡!ο»Ώ

notice <3 cancelled

Hello, PMC!

In celebration of reaching 1,000 followers on The Skindex, I'll be hosting a non-elimination tourney where what you do shapes the contest itself! ο»Ώο»Ώwow, much advertise, kitty.

𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝖾𝗑𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝖻𝗂𝗍 π–Ώπ—Žπ—‹π—π—π–Ύπ—‹...

  Here's a brief summary of the contest, without spoiling too much. There will be two teams, Sunlight and Midnight, named after two of the zones of the ocean. The whole contest is ocean-themed, but don't think that that means that all you'll be doing is shading in a bunch of different varieties of blue! ;>

  There will be five rounds of this tournament, and no one will get eliminated (unless they break the rules of the contest or Skindex/PMC). Does that mean that, if you enter, you're going to make five skins? Yes. However, all of the rounds are different, and sometimes, you'll start with a base or something like that to start you off.

'π—Œπ—π–Ίπ—‰π—‚π—‡π—€ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π—π–Ύπ—Œπ—?'ο»Ώ

  Did I catch your attention with this statement? Maybe I put it in colour, bold, and italics on purpose... but that's just because I think it's probably one of the most exciting elements of this tourney!!! AAAAAH!
  Alas, I'm going to withhold most of the details about this, but I will tell you a bit about it. The decisions and skins you and your teammates make will affect you, your teammates, and the opposing team!!! These "shaping the contest" elements will take place in more than half of the rounds.

π—Œπ—Žπ—‡π—…π—‚π—€π—π— 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗆𝗂𝖽𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍?

  Haha, now I get to explain to you a bit of the storyline of this contest! For the whole tourney, you'll be making humanoid, intelligent beings that live in the ocean! As you might have inferred, Team Sunlight will be making skins of characters who live in the Sunlight/Epipelagic Zone of the ocean, and Team Midnight will be doing the Midnight/Bathypelagic Zone and below (the abbys/abyssopelagic zone and the trenches/hadal/hadalpelagic zone). (They can do the Twilight/Mesopelagic Zone, too ;3)

  But not to worry! Although Team Sunlight has only one zone and Midnight has... everything else, I will not be fighting you on what animals you can be inspired by. For example, I will not complain if a character made by a Team Sunlight member is inspired by an anglerfish! This is a creative contest. <3 All that matters is that the character is designed in [​your team]-fasion, which I'll get to later. (MORE EXCITEMENT!!!)

Storyline Time!
I has to make some (not very good) lore to make this interesting, enjoy

The submarine cities of the Sunlight Domain and Midnight's Tide have not gotten along in decades. Their rivalry holds both of them back, and it's slowly destroying them—from the inside out.

It all started thirty years ago, when scientists from both blossoming cities made two different discoveries at the same time. The Sunlight Domain found a smooth, marbled stone about four inches in diameter. Midnight's Tide uncovered another stone the same size as the other, with not one jagged edge and an opalescent surface. Both teams of scientists decided to keep these unusual objects for research, completely unaware what its sister city had discovered.

As the scientists eventually realized, both stones possessed a power that was unknown to the cities until it was far too late. The stone that the Sunlight Domain discovered had the ability to cast shadows over any area, gradually plunging the formally bright city into darkness.

The stone found by Midnight's Tide had the opposite power, shining a blinding light (well, uncomfortably bright for the inhabitants of a peacefully dark city, that is) slowly over the city. After a while, the change stopped, but it was still unfitting for the inhabitants of either city. They tried to keep the stones away from the city for a while, in hope that their absence would restore the area, but to no avail. They brought back the stones for research.

After about a month, when news of the opposite cities' predicaments became known to the other one, as well as the root of the problem, negotiations were planned to trade the stones to restore both cities. However, the negotiation teams from both sides had become desperate and untrusting, planning to receive the stone they needed before giving the one the other city required. Both teams were incredibly offended by the other's unwillingness "to go first," and the negotiations failed, sending both stones back to the cities they were discovered in.

Rivalry between the cities followed, all non-violent as they were both peaceful places, but angering all the same. Either side would send spies to try to take the stones. Each time, they came back empty handed.

Thirty years after this course of events, tensions were as high as they had ever been between the formally-sister-cities. Something must be done to put an end to the (pretty childish, I must say) conflict.

wow i sorry that was a lot

𝗍𝖾𝖺𝗆 π—Œπ—Žπ—‡π—…π—‚π—€π—π—

Team Sunlight info here!

Host: EleanorRose

sunlight style:
If you're on sunlight team, you'll want to follow the Sunlight Domain's style, which includes and is inspired by, but is NOT limited to, the following:
- coral
- tropical fish
- seaweed and other oceanic plants

to summarize: bright, tropical outfits make up the basic sunlight style :3 You don't have to completely stick to this, these are just some elements of what they would wear in this fictional underwater city <3

𝗍𝖾𝖺𝗆 𝗆𝗂𝖽𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

Team Midnight info here!

Host: Monca

midnight style:
If you're on midnight team, you'll want to follow Midnight Tide's style, which includes and is inspired by, but is NOT limited to, the following:
- angler fish
- bioluminescence
- rocks
- jellyfish

to summarize: dark clothes with (optional) bright accents make up the basic midnight fashion <3 You don't have to completely stick to this, these are just some elements of what they would wear in this fictional underwater city :3

π—π—ˆπ—Œπ—π—Œ

First off, TYSM TO BOTH THE HOSTS OF THIS CONTEST!!! I really appreciate it <33
I wanted to explain to contestants and potential contestants what the purpose of a team host is. They will answer questions about the contest and give skinmaking advice if you ask for it in your team chats. <3

π—ƒπ—Žπ–½π—€π—‚π—‡π—€
I, along with anxii and @rawrwhal (on skindex), will be judging your skins based on the following factors.
- concept and the matching of team themes as well as round themes
- design and colours
- shading
Tysm, anxii and rawrwhal, for helping me out!! <3

π—‹π—Žπ—…π–Ύπ—Œ

- FOLLOW WEBSITE RULES.
- don't be rude to your teammates or the opposing team. you're all equals, none of you are the official "team leader," although kind and good leadership is welcome. <3
VIOLATION OF THE RULES ABOVE RESULTS IN ELIMINATION. (In a non-elimination tourney :o)
- PLEASE TAG ALL YOUR ENTRIES WITH THIS TAG: 1kOceanTourney
- @ me in the description of your skins, or link your entry to this forum!
Please follow these rules as well, or I may not be able to find your skin!! :'o

And... I think that's about it! To join the contest, please reply to my comment below. You can ask questions by replying to the forum until team chats have been set up. As soon as you are assigned a team, please start the minicomp. <3

π—‹π—ˆπ—Žπ—‡π–½π—Œ

minicomp

Hi! To start this contest off, you'll be making an unshaded outfit base. However, you won't be making a base based on your team's theme. Instead, I want to give participants a chance to experience using both their theme and the other team's theme. [​CHECK THE COMMENTS FOR TEAM LISTS!]

Therefore, team sunlight will be making team midnight-inspired bases, and team midnight will be making team sunlight-inspired bases.

THE DUE DATE WILL BE AUGUST 31ST! The results will come out shortly after. Please don't skip this round!!! It's a key part of round one.
Sign-ups will close on the 29th so I get you sorted to a team and you have a bit of time to make the design :3

please tag your entries 'aqua1k', 'aqua1kmini,' and 'aqua1k[​sunlight or midnight]'. ty!!

Let the contest begin!

minicomp results!
the teams will get less points because it's a minicomp, but it'll add to your overall count.
3 winners for each team, not in any order but I'll be giving a SLIGHTY different number of points (which I will not disclose for this round as it's a minicomp :3)

these are judged on palettes, design, and how much the skin fits the theme!

midnight's winners:

stari (super sunlight zone-y :D)
GingerPie (gorgeous colours!!)
perlesvaus (beautiful design and palette :O)

sunlight's winners:

@PigtailTHUNDER (it's so cute omg)
hufflepuffyuwu (elegant and cool >:D)
crimm (awesome concept and execution!)

great job!! <3

Round 1!

you'll be making skins out of the bases you made last round, but you'll be using someone ELSE'S, NOT YOURS. Please scroll down to see details on the base you'll be making :3
As not everyone made a base, multiple people will be remaking a base :3

for the purpose of this-contest-is-super-time-consuming, i'll have you choose your own base to remake! however, i have some rules you have to follow.
1. If you're on team sunlight, choose a base themed for your team (one that team midnight made). If you're on team midnight, choose a base themed for your team (one that team sunlight made).
2. There are some scenarios when you go to choose a base. please find the one that fits what you're doing and follow the guidelines.
  a. no one or few have claimed a base, and there are still bases to be claimed = choose a base that hasn't been claimed.
  b. a lot of people have claimed a base, and there is no base that hasn't been claimed = choose a base that only one person has claimed.
At most, 2 people should be making a base. PLEASE make sure you're following the guidelines for choosing bases! Reply to my 'choosing bases' comment below so people see. if you have a skindex, do that there too. if not, tell me and i'll post it on there.

When making your skin, you can change things about the base you're using, such as colour changes (you want to make it less saturated, more saturated, pastel, dark, hueshift, tinted a colour, etc.) but it should still look like the base when you're done. design changes are okay too, just make it recognizable! credit the original by linking or saying that they made it. :3

Here's a list of the bases.

Midnight-Style bases (Midnight Team uses)
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18789850/gulper-eel---unshaded-ob---te/
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18795390/--phosphorescent---te---unshaded-ob--/
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18799743/-*-deep-sea-jelly-*--ob--te--effects/
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18807176/angler-fish-glow--te---ob-/
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18779834/midnight---unshaded-ob-ce/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/kittywomp-s-tourney-minicomp/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/ocean-dusk-unshaded-base-kittywomp-s-1k-player-tournament/
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18808604/unshaded-thing-for-a-contest-thing-yeah/
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18778983/midnight---ob---te/

Sunlight-Style bases (Sunlight Team uses)
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18784561/coral----te----unshaded-ob/
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18807346/drink-seawater/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/entry-for-the-minicomp-in-kittywomps-tourney/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/low-tide-te/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/coral-waves-minicompbase-te/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/among-us-and-more/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/arisen-anew-te/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/blubbly/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/bomdia-aqua1k/
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/18781743/----watered-down----tobce----/
Have fun! It's due 15th of September. TAG IT AQUA1k, AQUA1k[​sunlight or midnight, your team], and AQUA1k1. Thanks!

Rounds will be added on as the contest moves forward!

You know I had to add a pole... XD
What's your favourite ocean zone?
kittywomp
Level 53 : Grandmaster Theorist